1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whatever123, Sep 2, 2010.

Tags:
  1. irbe

irbe Senior member

That is how my beefrolls look now. They area little loose without socks. Heard mabe anding in an insole might help, but not sure I want to as sometimes I wear them with socks (which they fit fine)
    Intersting I'm a 7.5 barrie but went also 8.5 on the beefroll. next time I will maybe size down half. I was afraid to do this as I tried on the ranger in an 8 and it was crossing my toes so I just decided to go 8.5 on the beefroll

2. intensanity

intensanity Senior member

So I ordered the Ranger Moc first, and that's too far into production to change. The Boat Shoe is early enough that they did change it. Should be good all around.

3. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

just goes to show... Tifosi and I are the same size in absolutely everything but my feet would be swimming in an 8.5D Beefroll. My 8's are not stretched out to be one of my loosest fitting pairs

4. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

My feet ARE swimming in the 8.5s. That is definitely not my optimum size. I will go 8D if I ever get another pair.

I should have pointed out in that post that 8.5D is what I have, but I think I should take an 8D.

Last edited: May 30, 2014
  5. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

ah, ok. That makes more sense. I actually ordered my second pair in 7.5E since may 8's stretched out enough but they are not the right size. After about 15 wears they are now getting to the point of not being painful but I would not do that again

6. airportlobby

airportlobby Senior member

Any idea on the sizing of the Rancourt-made Bass beefrolls? Wondering if I should go down a half size.

7. DayTripper

DayTripper Senior member

I'm a 7D on brannock, AE 7 last, Loake 026 (6UK), and Carmina rain (6UK). I went with a size 7 and they fit pretty well. They're not exactly snug, but I don't get any heel lift when I walk. I do wish they felt a little more secure on my heels, but I have very narrow heels so slip-ons have always been an issue for me. I think you're good if you go TTS.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2014
  8. wonsmithr8

wonsmithr8 Senior member

Ordered natty beefroll with rlh sole on 4/30, was supposed to ship out on 5/21 but now shipping out on 6/5 due to them receiving more retail orders than normal.

9. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

looks like my boatshoes will also be pushed back. I ordered early May.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2014
  10. gstephen70

gstephen70 Well-Known Member

Well, I'll tell ya, one of the risks of keeping this thread alive is that Rancourt sees additional business it may not of had this thread not existed. I already knew of the company, but I am sure a number of people are turned on to this great company through this thread. I, too, am sure my shoes will be pushed back. Well, I'll wear my worn our Timberlands until they arrive.

11. rawrz

rawrz Well-Known Member

This thread is also quite good at making people repeat customers.
    If I can offload my black iron rangers I will likely build the most wonderful fall/winter bot imaginable.

12. gstephen70

Quite true. I am waiting on my tan boat w/ red brick sole. And then plan on a navy parisian. Don't know in what iteration yet, but I am working on it.

13. eljlakers

eljlakers Senior member

I think more than our orders here is that Rancourt gets a little backlogged when they need to complete a major order or two for a retailer or other "shoemaker." I could be wrong, but doubt their production capacity gets hit too hard by our single orders, no matter how imaginative we make them!

14. eljlakers

eljlakers Senior member

Both my Rancourts have been pushed back from their original ship date - once by a 10 days or so, once by about four weeks. Like I said, I think they get bogged down with some major orders beyond SF.

15. gstephen70

True. Who would you rather push back, a handful of individual orders or Brooks Brothers? Good point.

16. coolarrow

coolarrow Senior member

I ordered some beefrolls from BB and haven't even gotten anything from them. I assumed that BB would have the sizes at the warehouse that they show on the website. I already emailed them and they're looking into it. Maybe they're being made. It's been at least 3 weeks. #sadzface

17. garyclark

garyclark Active Member

Just got my ranger mocs in Parisian Blue and they are amazing. I can't recommend the color enough. It stands out just enough without being obnoxious.

Two questions:

- Do folks recommend using shoe trees with these?
    - What products, if any, should I apply for protection?

18. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

-No, they are handsewns, let them take the shape of your foot.

-Nothing is required for protection. CXL has plenty of natural wax and oils, such that nothing needs to be added. After a few months, use Venetian Shoe Cream, Saphir Renovateur, or other to condition, and brush with a horsehair brush.

Edit: Pics please.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2014
  19. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Yes. I'd love to see them.

20. garyclark

garyclark Active Member

First pics on the forum for me, so I hope these are okay. The dim lights in my hallway don't really do the color justice, as they are bluer than they appear here. And they're so comfortable, it feels like I'm walking on pillows. You can already see where they're molding to my feet after a day of pretty heavy use.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.