1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whatever123, Sep 2, 2010.

Tags:
  1. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

Will apply to me. Family member discount :slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer:

What do you recommend with jeans and Chino's,? The beefroll penny loafer is too dressy for what I wear them for and I wouldn't want them to get damaged especially in summer when I'm more active.

2. unrooted

unrooted Senior member

Last edited: May 15, 2014
  3. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

Not sure who makes these, but Highland is also a reputable Maine company for hand-sewn shoes. They make Oak Street Bootmaker's shoes.

4. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

WTF?

5. MattBernier

MattBernier Well-Known Member

I KNOW, right?! Quite a departure. Thought folks here would find it very interesting indeed, perhaps @Portland Dry Goods for instance.

Last edited: May 15, 2014
  6. tanbar

tanbar Senior member

7. unrooted

unrooted Senior member

Actually just got them today, they are tight, really tight, but the length is good. I'm guess they'll stretch nicely. The leather doesn't seem like cxl, at least not like the cxl on my ranger moc or 1000 mile boots.

8. Kwaker

Kwaker Senior member

I'm 8.5D on the Brannock ... would you have a sizing recommendation?

9. eljlakers

eljlakers Senior member

First spin for the suede Rancourt chukkas from Hickoree's (sorry for the bad lighting, was in an elevator). First impression is they're nice and airy (went sockless) and the crepe sole is just right. Not too wobbly. There was a bit of rubbing on my foot from the stitching on the inside (probably wouldn't have been noticeable with socks) but that will likely go away with a few wears. Very happy customer!

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

Wood Luv 2 Sea Sum Daylite Pix!

11. unrooted

unrooted Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here are the Walk-Over Loafers in Tan.

2 people like this.
  12. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Senior member

Based on my very positive experiences with the custom Blake wingtips that I obtained a couple of months ago, I've gone ahead and placed an order for another pair in the Parisian blue CXL. It's a little bit of a leap of faith, as I haven't seen that leather in person, but I already have PTBs from Alden in navy CXL and Rancourt's navy is pretty similar to Alden's, so I'm expecting the Parisian blue to fill a hole in my current blue collection very nicely. Of course I'll provide specs and pics when the shoes arrive. The anticipated shipping timeframe is the second week of June.

As an aside, I'm happy to report that the heel slippage I felt initially while breaking in my earlier pairs has mostly disappeared.

1 person likes this.
  13. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

You are going for every Pantone shade of blue?

I kid :)

These should be pretty cool, I think.

Glad to hear that the Blake wingtip heel slip has gone away.

14. Portland Dry Goods

Portland Dry Goods Senior member

237 Commercial Street, Portland, Me 04102

I heard about Helm when they launched a collaboration with Raleigh Denim a few years ago

not personally a fan of the elongated toebox, and their other style is essentially a custom blake boot (gotta love the bison). I remember visiting the factory a few years ago, seeing a helm lookbook on a cork board and making the connection.

in any event, the guys & gals in charge of Helm have visited our shop and they're very nice.

1 person likes this.
  15. MattBernier

The lace-to-toe really caught my eye, as something unusual and something that's really a big departure in structure. I'd want a different sole on it myself. I keep missing you at the shop! You still haven't seen my tall boots in person.

Last edited: May 17, 2014
  16. JackFlash

JackFlash Senior member

Anyone know of shops that stock the Blake boot in NYC? (Doubt anyone does, but worth a shot.)

Last edited: May 17, 2014
  17. MattBernier

@JackFlash JPress does for one.

18. gmmiddle

gmmiddle Well-Known Member

I'm looking for an all-weather casual shoe, and wondering if the Blake Wingtip is a good option. I'm really digging the comfort of the RLH as well as being appropriate for sun/rain.

I build these. Any thoughts? Suede vs Buckaroo.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. JackFlash

JackFlash Senior member

Really? Thought their stuff was made my Eastland. Regardless, the NYC Press stores has temporarily closed while they find a new location.

20. MattBernier

And Eastland's Made in Maine stuff is made by Rancourt.