1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whatever123, Sep 2, 2010.

Tags:
  1. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

Hmmmm this is tough one. My sensible side says natural, but that blue!!! I have a pair of navy loafers and I wore them quite a bit last year. I just remember telling myself that I really need something brown next year....

2. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

Yeah, if you don't already have a pair of brown shoes for the warm weather months, then that is a different situation. If it is between adding another pair of brown shoes or another pair of blue shoes (and this blue in particular), I'd probably go with the blue.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
  3. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

You are right. I'm going with the natural and if I find myself able to, I'll add the blue later on. Gotta have 'em!

Now. Vibram or Reltex? I prefer the look of the Reltex, but how is the durability and comfort? What would hold up better to daily use?

4. GooseG

GooseG Senior member

Mmph, I'd love a pair of navy loafers, but I'm torn between that, olive, or snuff suede for another beefroll. Maybe later in the spring I'll decide.

5. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Senior member

1 person likes this.
  6. halfnhalfnhalf

7. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

The heel slip hasn't improved for me. Really the only pair of lace shoes I have this issue with among Alden, Carmina, and Vass.

But you are tempting me to see if they would send me a pair in 11D to try on. It really is a nice shoe and a good price, and there's signature Rancourt smorgasbord of leather, sole, and detail choices.

For me it's more a matter of needing specific reasons for another pair of shoes at this point...

8. GooseG

GooseG Senior member

Sounds like the verdict is in on the heel issues. Total shame though, because a natural of espresso shell shortwing would be amazing.

9. FrankCowperwood

I hate to throw too much cold water on the shoes. If I find out that I've just sized incorrectly, you can bet you guys will be the first to know. OK probably the only ones who might care... :)

10. GooseG

GooseG Senior member

Lol, I'll be waiting with bated breath for your response!

I'm not about to give up on mine..maybe I'll just have to reserve them for days that call for thick socks.

1 person likes this.
  11. FrankCowperwood

I have to agree that the Clymer boot fit and styling are great. Add that to the web custom makeup choices, will you... :)

That's great to hear.

12. halfnhalfnhalf

Kyle, thank you so much - I look forward to hearing more. I'm literally waiting day-to-day to place two custom shortwing orders!

13. halfnhalfnhalf

14. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

I'm not Kyle, but I don't think that is a reasonable assumption.

15. MattBernier

MattBernier Well-Known Member

@RancourtCo Interesting, why does the Clymer fit differently, and in what ways? I can tell you that the tall boot fits very well in the toes, rather like the loafer I tried on after my factory tour. That part cannot be improved. The laced part of the instep is crazy high. My Red Wing boots, which are a size larger, in fact, still don't completely close together in the instep. On the other hand, my tall boots can be closed and even overlapped and still not quite be snug, even over a thick sock, if I don't have a substantial insole in. Given that the toe area is normal size, this seems just crazy. The shaft is equally disproportionate in terms of width, though as I say, I suspect that this pattern was meant to be worn with pants tucked in.

All that said, They are serious lookers and so far very functional too.

16. halfnhalfnhalf

17. FrankCowperwood

Rancourt could well be dispatching one of its drones right now.

1 person likes this.
  18. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

@RancourtCo... forget new styles of shoes/boots. Let's make that happen!

1 person likes this.
  19. FrankCowperwood

Finally just read through this (I have other things I SHOULD be doing... :)) And thanks for it. It's a really nice piece. I envy you that tour. I will try to pay Rancourt a visit one of these days.

1 person likes this.
  20. MattBernier

MattBernier Well-Known Member

@RancourtCo Well I must tell you, I love the look of it, and the height is everything to the utility of the boot for me. If someone offered me the better fitting Clymer boots, I would keep these. (Unless they were in shell.) Now that you guys have the laser clicker and you don't need to order a new set of dies to change styles, I wonder if you might consider offering high Clymers. This whole forum drooled when I posted my boots, so I know you'd be able to sell some. If you do make em', I'll buy em'.