• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm seeing shell--it's all the way to the right where you pick the leathers.
Their espresso cordovan option for the collar isn't working correctly.

Last edited:

TH3515

Reaction score

TH3515 I have the same boots and found the same issues you identify
. Not wearing them much because of summer weather but want to wear more in the fall. Would love to know if you find any solution that improves heel fit.

I wore them today for an afternoon of garden work - lawnmowing, lots of walking through wet grass with a wheelbarrow etc.

With medium-weight wool socks I have to lace them as tight as they go. The fit is still pretty loose but in a comfortable way. You can lace it a bit tighter if you don't let the laces run through the loop in the tongue (supposed to keep the tongue in place but I don't find it really necessary here), and if you omit the uppermost pair of eyelets.
I also tried some high-tech 3/4-length foam insoles from Footlogics. They improve the fit greatly but I found the resulting height difference from the rear half (where the insole was) to the toe area (where it wasn't) felt unnatural even after removing the original insoles.
I think I'll get a good fit eventually. The toe is not as tight as in the first impression, so there's room for a somewhat thicker sock. I'll have to go sock shopping again, soon;-)

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The new Configurator is really nicely done! I know how much time goes into creating something like that. Talk about a serious time waster for me...I could spend a lot of time on there. Hopefully in the future we will be able to save configurations and edit or order at a later date.

CrackedCrab

Reaction score
TH3515 thanks for the field test and tips...very helpful.
I also got them in peanut suede from ebay.
I have a narrow heel to begin with so makes these challenging. I love the quality of the leathers and construction of eastland/rancourt thought.

Rene_Lahm

Reaction score
Received a pair of Parisian Blue Baxter Ranger Mocs yesterday! Customs related charges amounted to $51.09 for shipping to the Toronto area, but they're well worth it.

Here's some pics I took this morning straight out of the box. I'll take some photos when i use them in natural light today.

Couple shots with them out this afternoon. I was a bit worried about them being narrower than I'd like, but they've felt really good out of the box. The aspen sole has a kind of softness to it, which makes them extremely comfortable.

Last edited:

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received a pair of Parisian Blue Baxter Ranger Mocs yesterday! Customs related charges amounted to $51.09 for shipping to the Toronto area, but they're well worth it.

Here's some pics I took this morning straight out of the box. I'll take some photos when i use them in natural light today.

Very nice, Congrats

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A little help. I have been zeroing in on the Repello Ranger design that I have been thinking about for a few months. I was torn between snuff and bitter chocolate, but after seeing them both on the MTO page, I think I am leaning towards snuff. My latest dilemma is on sole color and midsole color. Should I go Smoke Aspen with Black Midsole (midsole intended to blend in with sole) or the Natural Aspen with brown Midsole (midsole intended to blend in with upper. Or should I go brown Midsole with Smoke Sole.

The MTO page doesn't have Aspen as an option, so I substituted the RLH instead for illustrative purposes. The natural Aspen is a little pinker than the natural reltex, bear in mind.

Also, ignore the laces because I will change those out to brown cord laces, or maybe some funky pattern cord laces.

Anyone have any input on Calfskin vs Deerskin lining? Which is softer?

Still open to Bitter Chocolate if anyone thinks I should reconsider. Plan on wearing these mostly with dark denim.

Any input greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I personally like the overall flow of the natural with brown midsole the best. I also think the lighter sole provides a nice contrast with the darker denim. That would be my vote

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

wdahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I personally love unlined suede. Good suede (the kind Rancourt uses) still has a top-grain side on the inside of the shoe. So you'll get the smooth comfort of a lined shoe, but the awesome break in of an unlined shoe. Of course, a lined shoe can be much, much warmer than an unlined shoe.

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wanted them to be unlined originally, but Katie said no can do, because the Repello is so supple that the shoes would have no structure without a lining. Do you think I should go unlined anyway? They'll have structure while my foot is in them, but probably lay flat as a pancake when i'm not wearing them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics