1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whatever123, Sep 2, 2010.

Tags:
  1. tifosi

tifosi Well-Known Member

^^ I agree with FC.

Maybe Rancourt can help me realize my dream of pebble grain shell cordovan.... *sigh*

Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
  2. rydenfan

rydenfan Well-Known Member

No idea what Fok will be able to offer. But when I talked to Kyle about a SF group navy shell captoe boot he was will to be 10% off. So there certainly could be an incentive.

3. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Well-Known Member

4. snchz

snchz Active Member

5. anrobit

anrobit Well-Known Member

There would be almost no advantage to a group order. It's easy to go through a known Rancourt retailer to get the custom makeup fee waived.

1 person likes this.
  6. wdahab

wdahab Well-Known Member

I'm sure I have a Pretty Damn Good idea who you're talking about, but I didn't know you could get the order waived through them. Will remember that going forward, for sure. Can they even get it waived for shell?

7. anrobit

Send me a PM if you're unclear, but from what I know, I have been told I can get the fee waived regardless of the makeup.

8. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be able to wear that style with thick socks in my TTS. I think I'd have to go up half a size (since a wider width isn't available).

But I think I may be a little bit of an outlier. See what others say.

9. anrobit

10. Fooleo

Fooleo Active Member

Maaan that bison leather is super sick. Was thinking about ordering a pair of ranger mocs anyways, anyone know if they could do a pair of ranger mocs with leather like that?

11. FrankCowperwood

They offer it as MTO (thought with a different sole) in their Robinson Ranger-moc.

12. Fooleo

Fooleo Active Member

^I had noticed that, but was thinking more along the lines of the traditional ranger moc sole. Or Possibly even a crepe sole, but I'm sure that could get more and more pricey

13. gmmiddle

gmmiddle Well-Known Member

I'm in if we can do something cool.

Just saw that CXL rough out Trench at OSB. Whoa. Anyone know anything about this leather? How does it compare to the Mohave at Rancourt?​

14. FrankCowperwood

They'll swap that out for you. Email or call them. There'd be an up charge. But nothing killer. Or try talking with Portland Dry Goods. They can help you put together a makeup.

Btw. I like the sounds of what you are talking about.

15. MattBernier

MattBernier Well-Known Member

Seconding consulting Portland Dry Goods. They are aware of options that Rancourt doesn't list. They can propose things you haven't actually seen on one of their shoes and might not have thought to ask if it was available.

That, and because of their arrangement with Rancourt, unlike most stores who charge a lot more for buying through them rather than direct, you'll get to kick cash to two great Maine businesses while not paying one cent extra!

1 person likes this.
  16. katabatic

katabatic Well-Known Member

Ordering a custom Rancourt wingtip just got a lot more attractive to me - they just teased a version of their Blake wingtip with a chunkier storm welt: http://instagram.com/p/jugdlwPrAL/

17. irishcafe

irishcafe Active Member

Just saw that, very nice new offerings for some casual shortwings.

18. cathpah

cathpah Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more. PDG is downright awesome, and all the guys who work there are exceedingly helpful.

19. coolarrow

coolarrow Well-Known Member

I think you should go TTS. CXL tends to have good expansive properties, too.

And, I scored a pair for myself. Thanks for the heads up [​IMG] Pics when I get them.

20. cathpah

cathpah Well-Known Member

Quote:
    I concur (edit: with coolarrow). I agree with anrobit on just about everything aside from this. Size down 1/2 size when you plan on going sockless, especially with loafers...but on the rest of their handsewns (with any possibility of socks), I'd go TTS. My 8.5s Rancourt Beefrolls are quite a bit tighter than my 8.5 OSB trail oxfords.