RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whatever123, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Verniza

Verniza Senior member

Pretty interested in getting some Rancourt as the Alden LHS is way out of my budget.

Any ballpark as to how much an MTO by them may cost?

2. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

Depends on the material and sole. There is generally a $50 up-charge for MTOs, so $275-560. If you want shell, I would just spring for the Aldens. Their finishing on shell is worth the price difference IMO.

Post pics.

3. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Also, the LHS is really a different shoe than a Rancourt penny loafer. Difference in price for shell and maybe even calf or suede (particularly with the MTO charge) may make the LHS then thing to buy if that's what you really want. The Rancourts are beautiful shoes in their own right, just not a direct substitute for an Alden LHS. Happy hunting.

4. Portland Dry Goods

Portland Dry Goods Affiliate Vendor

237 Commercial Street, Portland, Me 04102
    Another one from our MTO Program

[​IMG]

Loden suede dressy camp mocc with lining :thumbs-up:

5. TH3515

TH3515 Senior member

Thank you very much for the link.
    btw, does anybody know what leather they were using for the dark olive Wildwood boot? On the pictures, it shows a distinct grain not unlike the Buckaroo leather Rancourt are using on some of their own shoes, but I haven't seen it in dark olive.

Good night;-)
    Bernhard

6. NNNN

NNNN Well-Known Member

The MTO is free (assuming you use the gift certificate to buy their shoes). Order the two most likely sizes, and you will at least learn something. If the 5.5D is too small and the 6D is too narrow, get a 6E, etc.

On my Rangers, after mostly weekend wear for 3 months, the length of the sole is 10 5/8". It protrudes a little on the rear, so the shoes is likely closer to 10 1/2" max. The width is about 3 3/4" (measured at the widest point perpendicular to the shoe), but again the sole protrudes, so subtract about 1/8". My foot measures a paltry 9 1/8" by 3 1/2". With socks the fit is great, but probably still a tad long. If I were to get an exclusively sockless pair, I'd probably try for 5.5D, which I'd expect to be snug at first, then worry that it might not stretch enough. In the 5.5D venetians, my toes felt crammed, but there was still (probably too much) heel slippage.

7. kenjiro0621

kenjiro0621 Member

Thank you so much for the reply! It helps a lot!!

Noticed that their D width might be tight on my feet...that's probably why they suggested to go up a 1/2 size larger than Alden sizing. D width on Alden Indy could be close to 6E or 6.5D on any other dress shoes.

I totally missed reading the part that they give you $50 worth gift certificate for next purchase - yes, it's actually free to use MTF if you buy a pair, as you said. I am blind!!

8. NNNN

NNNN Well-Known Member

You can order the made to fit shoes twice with new sizes, but they charge something like $17 the 2nd time.

9. TheFieldDaily

TheFieldDaily New Member

Hello Reds Fan,

I noticed you are not 100% about the sizing of your Field Ranger Shoe. I spoke with our inventory manager and we would like to help you get a pair that is perfect. If you give us the size you want (8 1/2?) I will contact Rancourt & Co and have a pair made for you. Please let me know how I can help.

best,

Ryan
    The Field Outfitting Co.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2013

10. FrankCowperwood

Photo from yesterday of #8 beefroll loafers

[​IMG]

11. mothball

mothball Senior member

Those are really aging nicely.

12. FrankCowperwood

Thank you, sir. They have gotten plenty of casual wear. The thing I've been most impressed with is how sturdy shell really is. Admittedly, I'm not worried about keeping them presentable at the business or formal event level, but shell's really a great leather with age.

13. FrankCowperwood

Peanut suede Blake boots:

[​IMG]

14. epc2

epc2 Senior member

Question for Rancourt experts since I have no exp. with them.

Is the RL Elrick the same as Rancourt Baldwin? Looks very similar and I was told that the RL was made by Rancourt, also any sizing advice on these , do they run TTS? Or should I size down.

Thanks in advance.

15. tampatravel

tampatravel Senior member

Those are for sure a derivative of the Rancourt Baldwin. It looks like the welt stitching is the only thing that is different.

With respect to their loafers, I always have to size down a 1/2 size. For their boat shoes I'm a perfect 12D - my normal size.