1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whatever123, Sep 2, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

I thought it looked 2 toned, but wasn't sure. Plainsman brown, CXL. Not sure if I've seen anyone post pics of that in the thread before, but recall seeing it on their instagram or website now that you bring it back in to my mind. Something to remember for the future. Tying not to buy any more shoes, but am thinking about some White's semi-dress boots, and Plainsman CXL would be a good option if they can do it.

What about the RLH didn't you like? Too unstable/wobbly feeling?

Last edited: Nov 2, 2013
  2. agnyc

agnyc Member

I was tiring to not buy any more shoes either. I have too many Rancourts now.

I love those White's boots as well and I think they would look slick in plainsman. It's kinda similar to natural cxl but with a bit more of a yellow/red tone.

Yeah the RLH were too unstable feeling for me. The crepe sole seems to not bother me as much.

3. GooseG

GooseG Senior member

Rancourt gets this question quite a bit. Their response is that you should order the same size shoe, in shell or CXL. I take this to mean that they make the CXL models a little more snug initially, since it's going to stretch. My CXL beefrolls have stretched a lot since I got them,

Honestly, if your feet are bashing the front of the toe box on the venetians, you should go a half size up. At least the camp mocs have a little more leeway with the lacing.

4. GooseG

GooseG Senior member

Rancourt gets this question quite a bit. Their response is that you should order the same size shoe, in shell or CXL. I take this to mean that they make the CXL models a little more snug initially, since it's going to stretch. My CXL beefrolls have stretched a lot since I got them,

Honestly, if your feet are bashing the front of the toe box on the venetians, you should go a half size up. At least the camp mocs have a little more leeway with the lacing.

5. NilsXV

NilsXV Member

Thanks GooseG! I was thinking along these lines, but hesitating and will now follow your advice. My worry is that a larger size will be too wide, while my current width fits perfectly, could be even a little bit more narrow. In order to tests sizing further before taking the shell plunge I have decided to buy a pair of 2 eyelet suede chukka's first (was planning to buy them anyway) in 1 full size larger, but B size in stead of my current D. According to general sizing charts on the web these should be about 1/16" less wide while 0,5 size larger B's may be too narrow with 3/16" less width.
    Thanks again and will let you know how it works out.

6. GooseG

GooseG Senior member

[​IMG]

MTO Blakes

4 people like this.
  7. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Very, very cool. What are your leather choices?

8. GooseG

GooseG Senior member

Navy CXL, the captoe is Natural CXL.

I think they use a heavier weight CXL than Alden. These, even unlined, feel a lot thicker than my Indy boots.

9. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

nice! from the pic I thought they were espresso shell and natural CXL

10. GooseG

GooseG Senior member

I wish!

The navy's pretty dark now, but it looks a bit lighter under sunlight and should get later over time.

11. GooseG

GooseG Senior member

Also wanted to give everyone an idea of the Montello Mini Lug. It's very low profile, but in about a couple week's wearing it's pretty tough to break in.

12. GooseG

GooseG Senior member

Here's a better idea of what they look like under more light. For any wondering, the laces are Mocha and it's a natural midsole:

[​IMG]

13. hkpm

hkpm Senior member

A bold color contrast.
    Interesting!

14. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

15. Aquaphor

Aquaphor Senior member

How did you get that extra piece of leather along the lower part of the shoe? I didn't know that was an option for MTO?

16. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

It may seem too obvious to be the correct answer, but call or email them and ask for it...

17. agnyc

agnyc Member

I emailed with the MTO dept. and asked for it. I knew they could do it, but maybe it's not a widely publicized option.

18. Aquaphor

Aquaphor Senior member

Damn, I didn't know or my MTO would have that too. Any idea what it's called?

19. agnyc

agnyc Member

They call it a mudguard.

20. Jbrookeiv

Jbrookeiv New Member

[​IMG]

New shoe day for me. I picked up a pair of the Ranger Mocs in Natural Chromexcel. I tried to adjust the picture to show the true colors, not sure how well I did. These Lactae Hevea soles are awesome, they will be great through the upcoming Boston winter.

Can't wait to get these broken in.

Here's another pic that I think is more representative of the color.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 20, 2013
    1 person likes this.