RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whatever123, Sep 2, 2010.

1. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Wow. Those look really nice. If I were buying them, I'd go with my TTS of 11D. My Read boat shoes in that size offer a nice, snug fit.

2. tampatravel

tampatravel Senior member

Those will fit exactly like the BARRON Jack Spade Rancourt boat shoe if you're familiar with that. I wear a 12 D in them and all Rancourts along with a 12 D in most AE shoes.

I'm seriously considering them as well. They'd be pretty sweet an they list them as unlined, but it's clear that they are in fact lined. Not a deal breaker for me.

3. tampatravel

4. bucksfan

bucksfan Senior member

Thank you, I'm a 12d as well in AEs, 11.5d Barrie last in Alden, 12m in the sperry topsiders. I just ordered them in 12d so I'll report back with pics and a review when they arrive.

They sure caught my attention!

5. kenjiro0621

kenjiro0621 Member

Hi there I came across to your post showing Navy Ranger Moc. Simply beautiful!
    I've been thinking of buying a pair from Rancourt too, but I can't take the plunge since it's really hard to determine the right size. I've tried their shoe fitting guide, which I believe is identical to a brannock device, but I don't trust the result. It tends to show bigger size than the shoe size I actually get to choose. I've used the device at Alden shop in NYC, because I wanted to buy a pair of Indy boot and they made me try on pairs a lot bigger than the final pair I choose. It started in 7D and I ended up buying 6D, which is 2 full size down. I've even tried 5.5D in modified last at Moulded shoe in NYC (they specialize in Modified last) and it fit me alright in length (tight in wifth though). Trubalance last used on Indy's is the widest last in their regular lineup, by the way.
    Now you seem to have a similar size to my feet and I'd like to know what size you usually wear in dress shoes, if you don't mind telling me. It could be a good reference to determine my Rancourt sizing. I am thinking to buy a pair of Venetian Loafer and to wear them in barefoot - that even makes complicated :-(
    P.S. Do you get to wear those Rangers in barefoot? You are saying they are a bit loose without socks...Does the fact that them being unlined bother you? I'm also curious about the difference between unlined and lined styles.

6. kenjiro0621

kenjiro0621 Member

Hi there I came across to your post showing Navy Ranger Moc. Simply beautiful! I've been thinking of buying a pair from Rancourt too, but I can't take the plunge since it's really hard to determine the right size. I've tried their shoe fitting guide, which I believe is identical to a brannock device, but I don't trust the result. It tends to show bigger size than the shoe size I actually get to choose. I've used the device at Alden shop in NYC, because I wanted to buy a pair of Indy boot and they made me try on pairs a lot bigger than the final pair I choose. It started in 7D and I ended up buying 6D, which is 2 full size down. I've even tried 5.5D in modified last at Moulded shoe in NYC (they specialize in Modified last) and it fit me alright in length (tight in wifth though). Trubalance last used on Indy's is the widest last in their regular lineup, by the way. Now you seem to have a similar size to my feet and I'd like to know what size you usually wear in dress shoes, if you don't mind telling me. It could be a good reference to determine my Rancourt sizing. I am thinking to buy a pair of Venetian Loafer and to wear them in barefoot - that even makes complicated :-( P.S. Do you get to wear those Rangers in barefoot? You are saying they are a bit loose without socks...Does the fact that them being unlined bother you? I'm also curious about the difference between unlined and lined styles.

7. mcass

mcass Well-Known Member

http://www.rancourtandcompany.com/made-to-fit.html

8. FrankCowperwood

Made to fit is a good option if you can take advantage of it. Reading your post I would suggest a size 6 for you. I say this because I can wear 11d in Trubalance, Modified, and then also in Rancourt. 11d Rancourt is a snug fit for me. If you can do made to fit, my suggeston is to try a 6d and then either a 6.5d or a 6e for the second size. Good luck.

9. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

My latest MTO just arrived...

It is ironic that sometimes the simplest of looks are the most complicated. I was really just trying to create the cleanest, simplest look possible but it actually involved quite a bit of detail. Kudos to the Rancourt team

Details are:
    Brown CXL with no contrast stitching
    Stitch down toe
    Weejun style strap
    Welt line style back
    Natural edge stain with tan stitching
    Leather sole

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. tampatravel

Those are very very sleek looking Pinch Pennies....wow. I like them a lot. I'd love to order some of those in that ROCKFORD BLUE, but those would be my GTH shoes :)

11. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Thanks!

The differences are the pinch penny does not have a stitched down toe and the back of the shoe is like the Beefroll with that extra piece stitched horizontally

12. FrankCowperwood

What does stitched down toe mean? I can't figure it out from the photos.

Shoes look great by the way. Wear 'em and enjoy 'em!

13. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Thanks Frank!

It's basically a bit tighter of a stitch to keep the leather tighter across the tip of the shoe. If you notice on some pics of other Rancourt loafers the leather is a bit more raised and open at the toe where this is pulled down a bit more

14. FrankCowperwood

Are you talking about how the toe is stitched to the sole then? This is good education. Didn't know this was an option.

15. fitchottie

fitchottie Senior member

Your Ranger moc would be 1/2 larger than Indy. You want room in a ranger so your foot breathes in the summer. When you go with a loafer you would want to go your indy size.

Size ref
    Indy 11.5d Barrie Last
    OSB 12D Ranger
    11.5 Loafer
    11.5D Boot
    Rnacourt 12d Ranger Moc
    Quoddy 12D Ranger Moc
    Yuketen 12D Ranger Moc
    11.5D Boot Johnson
    1000 Mile 11.5D or 10eee do ask me how it just works
    Red Wing Moc Boot 11.5E this is made by Rancourt
    11.5 D all other Boots