1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whatever123, Sep 2, 2010.

Tags:
  1. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

It is amazing that they do not seem to read the board. They'd do we'll to keep an eye on it even if just to read and not to post. Would seem to fit their direct to consumer model.

And it is funny the whole user name thing. I still refer to SF members by user name even when given names are common knowledge. I suppose I've made things a little funnier by using an assumed first/last name as my nom d'forum. :)

I bet Rancourt will get these shoes right. And you'll wear them a long time, so it is worth it.

2. wdahab

wdahab Senior member

Have you reached out to her again? If she hasn't responded to an email from 2 weeks ago, I don't think it's just in a list of emails she'll get to. Usually she gets to mine within a day or two, but sometimes she doesn't get them at all.

Honestly, when I really needed her, I just call her number and if it goes to voicemail I just call back in a half hour or so (she gets back to voicemails, but not as quickly as just getting her on the phone).

Just realized how creepy that would sound if this was for anything other than a customer support number.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
  3. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

I once reached out to Kyle to see if he would have any interest in creating a SF group order of something like a Hamilton (captoe Blake boot) in Navy shell. My email was never returned...

4. tampatravel

tampatravel Senior member

That's weird!

He always replies to me within 24 hrs.

5. wdahab

wdahab Senior member

Just got off the phone with Katie, she was concerned to hear about those pieces of plastic, she has no idea what they could even be, and she's troubled by the fact that they sent out a pair looking as I described. Anyway, she'll get an RMA out to me pronto and is going to start up a new pair done properly for me, because Rancourt is awesome. I assured her that the aspects that were just natural variations in handmade shoes weren't the reason I was calling.

6. tampatravel

tampatravel Senior member

Awesome customer service! A nice recovery for Rancourt. I hope they'll make it right.

7. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

Spoke to her this AM too. Got my Snuff Rangers en queue. Hopefully your 3rd pair of Natty Shell Beefrolls don't delay me getting my shoes by much!

Thanks for the update. Weirdly enough, I was wondering about your situation this morning and was eager to hear the latest.

8. wdahab

wdahab Senior member

Only a second pair, thankfully. The box stitch removal was the same pair, and done within a day of my request. What a shame for such perfectly good natty shell to go to waste.

9. FrankCowperwood

What size were they? Tell Kyle to just send them to me... :D Only Rancourt natty shell I have is the belt I'm wearing.

Glad this is getting resolved. They do make things right, it seems.

10. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

Sorry, Frank...but I believe only the saddle went to waste! haha. I think they salvaged the rest of the shoe!

11. FrankCowperwood

Well, that was box stitched. I don't want that...

12. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

HAHA. I hear you!

13. Portland Dry Goods

Portland Dry Goods Senior member

237 Commercial Street, Portland, Me 04102

My talks with kyle regarding an MTO group order suggested that there's not much wiggle room with shell cordovan in terms of a bulk discount.

are there 8-10 people here that want a navy shell blake boot? i could possibly facilitate this but i would need to fufill a minimum and get deposits and all of that.

14. Portland Dry Goods

Sidebar - I've also been fooling around with the MTO system for some time.

[​IMG]

If anyone needs me i'll be just shy of "off the deep end"

15. wdahab

wdahab Senior member

My guess is not, and with the recent custom deal, anyone who had their hearts set on it really could have gotten it (and everyone else bought more shell than they really needed to, like me!)

16. FrankCowperwood

Nice! Buy it.

17. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Looks great. I messed around with a similar buildout build I did it in #8 CXL. I really liked how it looks

18. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

I did not reach out to him looking for a discount. I just thought it would be cool to do a Sf inspired makeup. I hear everything you are saying but just wish Kyle had spent a few minutes reaching back out to let me know as opposed to never responding. I fully get people are busy but it did turn me off of Rancourt a bit as I think their customer service could be improved overall. I know I will catch flac for that comment but in reality we should not be the one chasing them for returned phone calls, emails, order status updates, etc.

19. Portland Dry Goods

As a close account of Rancourts (dare I say flagship location) i'd be happy to lend a hand in any inquiries about the shoes. We have quite a bit of experience handling various leathers they offer through our MTO program here and we'd really love to act as a liaison for you guys regarding custom orders etc. of course factory defects and more intricate inquiries might be better placed with those guys but we can likely answer sizing & material related questions (regarding leather, soles, etc.). Ideally it will take some weight off of Rancourt's CS line and I'm fairly quick to the draw with PMs or direct emails.

20. wdahab

wdahab Senior member

Heh, well in that case, you can be the person to bring SF's resounding "no" vote to the box stitch on the loafers back to Rancourt. I think it's pretty emphatic.