1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whatever123, Sep 2, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

The flat laces are a very worthwhile aesthetic upgrade from the round ones that Rancourt provides. Looking forward to rocking my espresso blake boots (with flat laces) this F/W.

[​IMG]
    Round right, Flat left.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2013
  2. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

^espresso shell is such a fantastic color. Thanks for the photos, gents.

3. tampatravel

tampatravel Senior member

Here are the JL POWELL (Rancourt) Boat Shoes I purchased.You can see the grain on the shoe on the left. Do you think I should keep them? I got them for $129 and really think it won't be noticeable after longer wear. What do you guys think? Any way to hide it? Thanks for your replies!

[​IMG]

4. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

That is weird. I'd say keep. Also, send pic to Rancourt, maybe they can help? Refinish?

5. PartagasIV

PartagasIV Senior member

Will get better pictures as I wear them over the next few days, but I intend to beat on these and occasionally Reno.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. tampatravel

tampatravel Senior member

I emailed Kyle and got a fairly prompt response. He said its VERY hard to not show grain on the light/bright leathers. He expects the grain to be much less noticeable as I wear them and the leather on the vamp is broken in - showing horizontal wrinkles.

It'll be interesting to see how they look in a few months.

It sure is nice to be able to email Kyle and know he cares + knows what he's talking about.

7. FrankCowperwood

Beautiful. Can't wait to see the next photo. These will look even better with wear on them. What sole did you go with?

8. Al in Philly

Al in Philly Senior member

Ordered natural CXL beefrolls this week. They are supposed to ship the 26th of August. I will throw pics on when they arrive, definitely. I've been saving for months to get them.

Just to be sure on size; is the standard to order the same size as your Barrie size? I will mostly be wearing them sockless. I'm 9.5D in Barrie and ordered 9.5D in these.

9. FrankCowperwood

Congrats. I like natural CXL. Would definitely consider that for a future order. I do wear same size in Barrie and Rancourt beefroll. Will look forward to photos.

1 person likes this.
  10. PartagasIV

PartagasIV Senior member

Went with the double leather. Basically, the Rancourt makeup for Leffot, only $100 less. Great store but no sense in a middleman in this case.

edit: on size, I'm a 10.5D Barrie and with these went 11D because shell would stretch less than calf. The 11 is very comfortable sockless out of the box.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2013
  11. hkpm

hkpm Senior member

Could you wear them with normal socks or dress socks? still comfortable?

12. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

All of my Rancourt are a half size up from my Barrie size and fit perfectly.

13. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

I think you'll be alright with the natty cxl Beefrolls in Barrie size. They will be tight at first, but stretch to fit.

1 person likes this.
  14. wdahab

wdahab Senior member

What was the actual price, if I might ask? It's a beautiful, shoe. Still hovering around buying a pair of the natural shell beefrolls, natural might just be the most amazing looking shell in the raw state, I can't wait to see how it patinas.

15. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

Not the highest quality pics, but:

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

16. doopdoop

doopdoop Well-Known Member

Does anybody have a photo wearing Ranger Mocs with dark blue denim? I need something to wear with jeans in a tropical climate. I want something bootlike, not sure if these would fit the bill.

17. doopdoop

doopdoop Well-Known Member

What sole is this?

18. hkpm

hkpm Senior member

19. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Rancourt calls it the Montello Mini-Lug. It is very similar to Alden's commando sole.

The mid-sole is a natural stained leather mid-sole with tan/white stitching

Last edited: Aug 9, 2013
  20. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

I just placed an order for some Ranger Mocs like Rydenfan's with the mini-lug sole. He inspired me.

Mine will be natural CXL and lined. I have a pair of brown Ranger Mocs that are unlined. I love them for a casual fall shoe and they are super comfortable but they are unlined and even with thick socks, my feet get very cold in them when I am out on my winter walks about town. I am hoping that a pair with a lining will make a noticeable difference.