1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whatever123, Sep 2, 2010.

Tags:
  1. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

In for pics...

2. dcinitial

dcinitial Senior member

FYI - I was at Woodbury yesterday and spotted a few Rancourt X Jack spade models at the Jack Spade outlet store. The ones I wanted were the beefrolls with a suede vamp for $99. They only had 6 pairs in a 10 D unfortunately. They also had the familiar green and navy boat shoes for $99. In addition they had a few rancourt boot models that I wasn't familiar with.

3. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Finally a bit of cool weather in the northeast so went with the ranger mocs today

[​IMG]

4. tampatravel

tampatravel Senior member

I bought a pair of the JL Powell boat shoes and I have a small issue with them.

There's a grain of the calf leather right down the middle of the toe area. Not a big deal, but any idea how to hide (pun intended) that?

I don't want to send them back and I should note they're BRIGHT RED in color.

5. prozach1576

prozach1576 Senior member

I'm liking the look of the wingtips that have popped up on their Instragram. The last looks nice. I might consider making a pair of those with a tempest sole my first pair of shell cordovan shoes. They would be indestructible and hopefully cheaper than Aldens.

6. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

I like the looks of them more the more I see them too. Wondering when they'll be released. I believe they've said August, so should be soon. I've admired the taupe suede version I've seen, and I'm thinking about the tempest sole too.

I'm also interested to know if the last is the same as the Blake construction boots/chukka.

Hopefully the pricing will be appealing, though I bet it won't be too far off Alden. I can't see these wingtips starting any lower than the handsewns, so $550 for shell and $300 for calf/suede. And then there's the MTO charge.

Of course, Rancourt has the advantage of actually being able to provide a variety of shell colors and deliver promptly.

7. prozach1576

prozach1576 Senior member

The last looks sleeker than the other Blake offerings, but it's hard to tell at this point.

8. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

Moar pics from other perspectives, please?
    Pics?

For shell, I think Alden's finish is worth the price difference in this situation. Rancourt's shell is nice, but Alden's is nicer IMO (if you get a pair without defects). However, I can understand if you just like the shape and pattern of Rancourt's wingtip better, in which case, go with it.
    I think I remember reading somewhere that it is the same last, but am not certain. Was told 9 months ago that all their Blake construction models use what they call the "John" last, but this was before they had the wingtip, so maybe that statement no longer applies.

9. Rene_Lahm

Rene_Lahm Senior member

Went with the new Baxter Ranger mocs and ordered them in Parisian blue with the honey aspen sole. Perfect birthday gift from my wife. I'm excited to see how the colour looks in person. I'll post some pics when they arrive.

10. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Here you go Bakes. The espresso looks darker in the pics than in person

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Cool. Parisian blue looks like a great color and that Aspen sole looks very appealing. Will look forward to your photos.

12. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Here is a bit more accurate representation of the color

[​IMG]

13. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

Ahhh. Now that's more like it. Much better. Didn't know they had a sole like that. What do they call it? Would work well on a Blake Boot. Didn't know Rancourt offered flat laces. Or did you add them?

The first pic from earlier today did not do them justice what-so-ever. I thought they might be brown CXL. They look spectacular!

14. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

They call it the Montello Mini-Lug sole. It is the same low profile, stitched in sole like Alden's commando sole. I am a big fan of it.

I added the flat laces from Hanger Project

15. Calikid

Calikid Senior member

I have also been eyeing the wingtips in shell. But the price may stop me. If I remember correctly there was a picture of a wingtip in natural shell on Rancourt's FB page and someone asked pricing info and the response was $675. That is Alden Territory and much higher than AE.

16. Calikid

Calikid Senior member

Those look awesome!

17. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

That sole looks great. I am thinking about placing an order for something (who knows yet what though) for the fall and that mini lug sole is at the top of my list for that part of the order. Now just to decide what to build on top of it...

18. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Great looking shoe, the sole was a great choice too.

19. dusttruffle

dusttruffle Senior member

looking forward to this. been curious about natural shell (and how it ages)

20. jah786

jah786 Senior member

stunning. strong work. like the commando sole or whatever Rancourt calls it.