• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So it will be white sole and white thread against brown CXL? I think that's a go and will look great. The classic boat shoe.

Michael Haines

Reaction score

Fellow Rancourt Enthusiasts: I did the same thing on a color 8 cxl and like them allot good choice I'm having a pair of Brown CXL boat shoes made. In the stock version they use Tan thread for the toe (and heel) stitching. I am thinking about using White thread for the toe (and heel) stitching instead. Do you think it will be too bright? I think it will make it POP! nicely These are pics of the stock shoe with Tan stitching: [COLOR=417394] [/COLOR] I specified white stitching for the upper on my blake boots. They mistakenly used brown, and I had them remake the boots. I was glad I did after I received the second pair. (Pics of both pairs if you go back to December in this thread)

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So it will be white sole and white thread against brown CXL? I think that's a go and will look great. The classic boat shoe.
Yes Sir!

I think I will go with the white.

Thank you for your response.

Its going to be a little different of a design than the stock model. Hard to explain. I've tried to describe it on here before with little success. Pics on arrival.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Yes Sir!

I think I will go with the white.

Thank you for your response.

Its going to be a little different of a design than the stock model.  Hard to explain.  I've tried to describe it on here before with little success.  Pics on arrival.

We'll look forward to seeing the design variation.

And I don't think white is going to be too bright at all. First of all they'll mostly be way down on your feet and then the white is bound to darken some with wear.

Michael Haines

Reaction score
I know most of you have seen this pic on face book. What color is it exactly

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just spec'd a pair with white stitching. I deliberated a lot, because Rancourt generally prefers the tan, but I think it's unnecessarily understated.
I think these are both white:
Thank you for sharing those. I will definitely go with the white.

Sorry that I did not acknowledge your response sooner, it must have been held for moderation.

Its weird, because initially it showed up as a post from Michael Haines, where he just quoted my post and never added anything in addition. Now your post appears in its place.
puzzled.gif

...the mysteries of StyleForum.

Edit: Never mind, Michael Haines post is still there. Yours just bumped it back a page. Not so mysterious after all.

Did you care to weigh in on the matter of white stitching, Mr. Haines?

Edit: Never mind again, now I see your input. Thank you for your response. Sorry that I did not acknowledge sooner, did not notice it in the middle of the quote box.

Last edited:

Michael Haines

Reaction score

Thank you for sharing those.  I will definitely go with the white.

Sorry that I did not acknowledge your response sooner, it must have been held for moderation.

Its weird, because initially it showed up as a post from Michael Haines, where he just quoted my post and never added anything in addition.  Now your post appears in its place.:puzzled:

...the mysteries of StyleForum.

Edit:  Never mind, Michael Haines post is still there.  Yours just bumped it back a page.  Not so mysterious after all.

Did you care to weigh in on the matter of white stitching, Mr. Haines?

Edit:  Never mind again, now I see your input.  Thank you for your response.  Sorry that I did not acknowledge sooner, did not notice it in the middle of the quote box.

My fault if I start to reply to quickly I get trapped in the quote box... This only happens when in a hurry and on the iPhone. The white stitching I think is great by the way wonderful idea.

NNNN

Reaction score
Thank you for sharing those. I will definitely go with the white.

Yup, held for moderation. How many times do I have to post before styleforum trusts that I'm not posting pictures of naked ladies stabbing each other?

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My fault if I start to reply to quickly I get trapped in the quote box... This only happens when in a hurry and on the iPhone. The white stitching I think is great by the way wonderful idea.
Thank you, Sir.
Yup, held for moderation. How many times do I have to post before styleforum trusts that I'm not posting pictures of naked ladies stabbing each other?
I think only 10 posts, so you should be good now.

And if you do have any of those photos, please DO post them!

You will need to start a new topic in the Dumb Threads forum. Title it "Naked Knife Wielding Women Appreciation Thread".

agnyc

Reaction score

I just spec'd a pair with white stitching. I deliberated a lot, because Rancourt generally prefers the tan, but I think it's unnecessarily understated. I think these are both white:
I love that pair in the top picture. What leather is that #8 chromexcel or shell?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads