1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whatever123, Sep 2, 2010.

Tags:
  1. dani8488

dani8488 New Member

Hello All:

I am going to be putting in my first custom order with Rancourt this week for a pair of ranger mocs. Right now I am leaning towards color #8 CXL with the honey RLH sole. I need some input on whether I should order them lined or unlined. I am planning on wearing them all year round and about 50/50 with socks and without. I haven't had any experience with CXL so all of your suggestions/opinions are appreciated.

2. kwanon

kwanon Well-Known Member

I'm looking to order my first pair of CXL beefroll loafers. But first I'm planning to use the made-to-fit program. Could I get some advice on what sizes to try? I see people have had poor luck with straight-up sizing down. Has anyone tried going down 1/2 size but up one in width at the same time? Seems like it would be pretty similar to the TTS shoe but maybe slightly different?

How much will the CXL loafers stretch? If they feel perfect in the trial pair will they stretch out too much and be loose later on? Should I be looking for a snug, but comfortable, fit? Planning to wear this pair mostly sockless but my feet have been known to sweat and that may not be a viable option.

Closest point of reference in my particular case: I have a pair of AE Strands in 8D. I have some orthopedics that raise my instep a bit, so the lacing doesn't entirely close. They're seem pretty long compared to my feet.

Thanks!

3. Winston S.

Winston S. Well-Known Member

I went down a half size (9D Shell Strands) in my Venetians and they stretched to be a little too loose for my taste. I don't keep them in shoe trees because I am worried they may stretch them more.

4. JackL2

JackL2 Active Member

I'm making the same decision. I want the natural CXL Ranger Mocs and wear a 10.5D in Allen Edmonds. Not sure if I should get the 10.5 or the 10 for the Ranger Mocs...

5. tifosi

tifosi Well-Known Member

Do you know what last in AE you are a 10.5D? I wear an 8D in the AE 5 last and I am an 8D in the handsewn Rancourt.

6. tifosi

tifosi Well-Known Member

Does anyone wear Ranger-mocs with shorts in the summer? I'm looking for something from Rancourt for warmer weather. I want shell and I don't think I want a loafer. Input or pics would be great!

7. rydenfan

rydenfan Well-Known Member

Just do the made to fit program and get both sizes sent to you to try

8. wdahab

wdahab Well-Known Member

I do, just about every day (rotate with a pair of boat shoes). Mine are brown CXL.

9. tifosi

tifosi Well-Known Member

Hmmm. Thinking that is the way to go then. Now...espresso or color8???

10. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Well-Known Member

maybe a stupid question but with the made to fit program $50 is put towards your eventual purchase ... can i do it again with another 2 sizes? ie, apply a total of $100 towards my shoes? has anyone tried?

11. tifosi

tifosi Well-Known Member

Haven't tried that...but unless it says that they can't be combined I don't see why not...

12. tifosi

tifosi Well-Known Member

I guess unless you needed to try more than 2 sizes there would really be no point.

13. kwanon

kwanon Well-Known Member

I was wondering the same thing. I emailed their customer service to find out. I'll post here when I hear back.

14. alex4nder

alex4nder Well-Known Member

I've done this with two sets of MTF shoes ordered at the same time; they gave me a single $50 gift certificate and charged me an additional $10 for the second set of shoes' shipping and handling.

15. Michael Haines

Michael Haines Well-Known Member

I got some pictures sent to me from Katie in my new penny's have not gotten them yet but thought I share the pics
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  16. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Well-Known Member

17. tifosi

tifosi Well-Known Member

Looks great! love the navy shell.

18. Michael Haines

Michael Haines Well-Known Member

Well that's just the lighting it's espresso shell actually. I get them Friday I will take better pictures

19. kwanon

kwanon Well-Known Member

That's basically what they told me, except it's $14 now.

"Thanks for contacting us. If you’d like to participate in the Made to Fit again you can do that, we just ask that you pay the additional shipping charges. We only issue one $50 gift certificate per customer. The shipping would be $14."

20. tifosi

tifosi Well-Known Member

I definitely thought that was navy. Looking forward to some more pics as I'm thinking about the shell ranger-mocs in espresso.