• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

Notverystylish

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can try on a pair of penny loafers in person in NYC? I've been wanting to buy some.

Thanks

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Brooks Brothers carries Rancourt. Possible they stock it in store in NYC or vicinity.

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I did replace the rubber heel taps on my loafers within a year of purchase after steady wear. They weren't falling off by any means.

I think it will be better for me to provide some pictures of the heels falling off when I get back home tonight.

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think it will be better for me to provide some pictures of the heels falling off when I get back home tonight.

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of which, these beefroll pennyloafers are on sale for $149:

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Ranco...pd.html?dwvar_MH00044_Color=GREN&contentpos=5

I'm trying to decide whether to pull the trigger and if I do whether to get blue or green Chromexcel

Does anyone have the pinch pennies? How do they fit? I have a pair of Eastland Made in Maine ranger mocs (made by Rancourt apparently) in 9.5D that were snug when I got them but have loosened up and fit great now. I was wondering if the 10D is going to be too loose in these.

I'd definitely send a note to Rancourt. That shouldn't happen.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Agree. Those heels don't look acceptable for being relatively new. I'd let Rancourt know.

I have the pinch pennies. I ordered 11.5B for my 11D (but fairly large volume feet). Fit is good with some stretch in the CXL. I think 10d could work for you if the 9.5 was snug. You could always adjust the fit a little with a tongue pad or such. Also, FYI, I don't mind my pennies a little on the loose side. Feels right to me.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is the tan there tan or is it natty cxl? And anybody have photos of the green?

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is probably about as creased as these are going to get. As promised, post break-in pics.

I don't like the way that they look with some of my more narrow leg opening jeans (really not that narrow on a global scale, certainly not skinny jeans! [Levis Vintage Original 1947 501s]) but they work well with pants that have wider leg openings, like these BB Clark Fit 8 Wale Cords. Hunter Navy RL Cashmere Cable Crewneck.

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is the tan there tan or is it natty cxl? And anybody have photos of the green?
I think they might have both Tan and Natty. I know for shell they have "Carmel and Natty" could possibly be the same though.

Go to their facebook page and flip through their instagram for examples of all of the above mentioned.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think they might have both Tan and Natty.  I know for shell they have "Carmel and Natty"  could possibly be the same though.

Go to their facebook page and flip through their instagram for examples of all of the above mentioned.

Ah meant the brooks brother one

raphaelargus

Reaction score
Hey everyone, over the past few days, I've gone in and read every single page in this thread hoping for some guidance on sizing and coming up a little short. (I'm looking at a natural cxl Langdon boot, btw.) In particular, I've noticed that most people say to go TTS on Rancourts, but is this advice given based on wearing socks or going sockless?

FWIW, I've been going TTS on my Quoddy and Oak Street shoes, despite most people on SF saying to size down 0.5, but going with my Brannock size works for me since they're laced shoes and I like a little extra toe room (and I almost always wear them with socks).

Based on my fit preferences, does it sound crazy that I would want to size up 0.5 on Rancourts? For those of you with laced Rancourts, how close are you toes to the tip of the shoes going TTS?

Thanks all for any help!

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, over the past few days, I've gone in and read every single page in this thread hoping for some guidance on sizing and coming up a little short. (I'm looking at a natural cxl Langdon boot, btw.) In particular, I've noticed that most people say to go TTS on Rancourts, but is this advice given based on wearing socks or going sockless?
FWIW, I've been going TTS on my Quoddy and Oak Street shoes, despite most people on SF saying to size down 0.5, but going with my Brannock size works for me since they're laced shoes and I like a little extra toe room (and I almost always wear them with socks).
Based on my fit preferences, does it sound crazy that I would want to size up 0.5 on Rancourts? For those of you with laced Rancourts, how close are you toes to the tip of the shoes going TTS?
Thanks all for any help!

Size the same as OSB

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads