Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Rambo's World Adventure

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Rambo, Feb 11, 2012.

1. tropics

tropics Senior member

i would tend to agree. i've done a lot of backpacking - Asia, S.A., NZ, aus, and I am from Europe so been everywhere there. After a few months you just get sick of all the moving around, and in a weird way start to miss the 9 to 5.
    If you are serious about a long ass trip for over a year you should seriously plan to work somewhere for a few months to cool off.

2. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

You know yourself better than I do, but as a travel newbie you might find being away from home for more than a few months at a time to be a bit overwhelming. International travel is awesome, but it can get tiring. Because you know you're going to be in Munich for Oktoberfest in September, why not plan a trip to Europe and then reassess how you're feeling after a few months?

3. F. Corbera

F. Corbera Senior member

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

4. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Good advice. Unfortunately, i won't know how it goes until I get out there and do it. But I'm pretty much not planning anything more than a few months in advance. The rest I can pick up on the fly.

Hmm. Its entirely possible. But 5 months just in Europe?

Oh Adult Tintin, you know me so well.

5. F. Corbera

F. Corbera Senior member

I enjoyed reading the advice that you received in this thread.

If you are picking a starting point at random, start in Uruguay, then Argentina, along the lines that globe-y suggested.

6. ThomasoAIK

ThomasoAIK Senior member

Try to get to one or some of the citys in poland/ukraine in june when the european football championship takes place. Could be a good start to your european leg of the trip and end it with oktoberfest a couple of months later.

7. cronicmole

cronicmole Senior member

what? no love for us in The Caribbean?

8. tropics

tropics Senior member

a young lady in montevideo complained to me that the ratio of women to men was crazy high, so competition was tough. wikipedia disagrees but the sheer volume of honeys i saw in the bars and clubs supported her thesis.

9. Prada_Ferragamo

Prada_Ferragamo Senior member

Just read the entire thread. I don't have much to offer, but if you do go to Beijing or Shanghai or anywhere else in China, hollar at me. I'll try to hook you up with free room and board.

10. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

yo you better decide on your itinerary.

11. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

We talking snuggling up in a chicken coop here? I mean, I'm still down, but I'm just curious.

Why, what's the rush?

12. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

As for talk about missing home...I can tell you after two weeks I'm ready for at least a little time at home. When I was a pup, and went through a period of business travel, a three week or month long assignment where I could not come home even for the weekend sucked.

13. tropics

tropics Senior member

if you ARE planning to work while you are away, you might need to sort a working visa. they can take time. other than that, the idea of making it up as you go along sounds pretty cool.

14. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

because this threak's 9 pages long! duh!

15. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Hmm. Well, I admittedly know nothing about this, since I've never been gone for more than 5 days, but if it does happen I could always hunker down in whatever city I'm enjoying myself in for a brief period of time.

Well, I'd like a rough outline, but I kind of want to be able to play it by ear. That's why Whodini's Euro Bus adventure thing sounded kind of cool.

No job while I'm away, unless I just manage to stumble ass backwards into something, or I decide to stay somewhere for more than a few weeks.