• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ramalhoni Shoes - The Havelocks

Ramalhoni

Reaction score
Hi Guys and Girls, I'm a fashion and style Blogger, you can visit me at RAMALHONI.COM, that recently decided to have made a pair of shoes that I couldn't find, for the price I wanted pay.
The shoes are Burgundy Brogues or Wingtips, Goodyear Welted in calf leather, 100% handmade right here in Portugal (were know for making a nice pair of shoes)
They came out beautifully, tell me what you think!....
I've always wanted a pair of shoes like this but couldn't afford the very very expensive Alden they retail for something like 650/700€. So this is what I came up with instead of cordovan, I used calf. Instead of Alden, Ramalhoni Shoes ... lol...
They will retail for approximately 350/400€ (depending on the leather) and I can ship them all over the world. (shipping fee excluded)
I can also have them made in pretty much every leather and every color if you don't like the burgundy.
I hope you enjoy....

Miguel

ps: If you know any good retailers that might have some interest let me know!! please.... tomorrow I'll have a more detailed post at my blog with all the details.... pics of the sole and inside of the shoe...

LaymanX

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ramalhoni
Hi Guys and Girls, I'm a fashion and style Blogger, you can visit me at RAMALHONI.COM, that recently decided to have made a pair of shoes that I couldn't find, for the price I wanted pay.
The shoes are Burgundy Brogues or Wingtips, Goodyear Welted in calf leather, 100% handmade right here in Portugal (were know for making a nice pair of shoes)
They came out beautifully, tell me what you think!....
I've always wanted a pair of shoes like this but couldn't afford the very very expensive Alden they retail for something like 650/700€. So this is what I came up with instead of cordovan, I used calf. Instead of Alden, Ramalhoni Shoes ... lol...
They will retail for approximately 350/400€ (depending on the leather) and I can ship them all over the world. (shipping fee excluded)
I can also have them made in pretty much every leather and every color if you don't like the burgundy.
I hope you enjoy....

Miguel

ps: If you know any good retailers that might have some interest let me know!! please.... tomorrow I'll have a more detailed post at my blog with all the details.... pics of the sole and inside of the shoe...

eh.gif

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They look nice and I like the style on them, but unfortunately for that price here in the states I could pick up a pair of cordovan's in a similar style.

Ramalhoni

Reaction score
Maybe when I get some volume I can get the factory to lower the price ! What cordovans can you find in the 350/400 eur range? ... Are they Goodyear welted? ...

BlueHorseShoe

Reaction score
E Shells typically run about 550 USD, which is about 400 eur.

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, 350/400 EUR is currently about 475/550 USD. In that range all of Allen Edmonds models available in shell cordovan are available from their website for 525. I don't know what AE means by their different welts so I can't comment on that. For 575-600 USD I could also purchase anything from Alden's shell cordovan offerings from their website. That isn't even deal shopping yet. I can't comment on Alden's welt either. I've just been looking at picking something up at the beginning of next month, which is what caught my eye about the thread in the first place.

Ramalhoni

Reaction score
Ok, it's set! Tomorrow morning I'm calling the factory and telling then that they have to lower the price! ASAP.... lol...
Thanx for all the comments...

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sounds awesome. I don't know about everyone else, but I personally would definitely like to see how this evolves.

Grenadier

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ramalhoni
Ok, it's set! Tomorrow morning I'm calling the factory and telling then that they have to lower the price! ASAP.... lol...
Thanx for all the comments...

Good luck with that.

Ramalhoni

Reaction score
Originally Posted by azlawstudent
Good luck with that.
Well guys I got lucky, or have mean negotiation skills !!!!!!
I got the price down to 300€ !!!!! ...
What do you think!....?????

upnorth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The ones in your website don't look like shell cordovans. If you're selling calf shoes for €300, I think you might be facing stiff competition in this price range, especially based on the pictures, the shoes don't look like they surpass many shoemakers of known quality and heritage. Cheaney, Grensons, etc of UK are about the same range, Carminas of Spain are only a bit more and Markowski of France, has real Shell Cordovans for €300.

Not trying to rain on your parade, but I think you probably need to research more on your competitors.

Ramalhoni

Reaction score
Mine are not shell, I tried but it seems that alden and other brands bought all the shell in the world!!
I don't know about the Cheaney or the Carminas, but the Grensons are glued! Not Goodyear welted...
My goal isn't selling thousands of pairs, not even hundreds... I'm a fashion blogger with a great connection with a manufacturer that can make with my design specifications a 100% handmade shoe made to order and that is something that I think is worth some money!
But either way thanx for the comment and the heads up on the competition...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics