Ralph's next Sale

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Oct 26, 2010.

1. sum1else

sum1else Member

Does anyone have a code they are not using that they would share with me?

I could throw a few dollars your way... or trade you my pass to the sample sell next wednesday/thursday in NYC... or I could just take it gratuitously

PM me.

Thanks

2. Jesse

Jesse Active Member

Just tried purchasing some polos and all I got was 15% off. I guess 15% is the only discount when an item is on sale. The 25% off pink pony deal was better for items that are on sale. This deal is only good is you want to buy something that is original price.

3. sum1else

sum1else Member

Got a code by calling on advice from another member. Thanks

4. g.michael

g.michael Senior member

Anybody else have a code they would generously be willing to part with?

thanks[​IMG]

Never mind. Called C/S this morning and politely asked (and received). That was easy!

5. sum1else

sum1else Member

I can confirm 15% + 30% off on Darlton Wingtips on the website.

I called my SA at the mansion yesterday who said I could only buy them for full price...

6. Fraiche

Fraiche Senior member

Does anyone have a code they aren't plan on using? Wouldn't mind picking up a holiday gift for the missus. [​IMG]

7. g.michael

g.michael Senior member

I can confirm 15% + 30% off on Darlton Wingtips on the website.

I called my SA at the mansion yesterday who said I could only buy them for full price...

I ran into this as well. Can anyone explain the logic of this other than trying to protect brand image at the stores in order to try and keep from going the way of JosABank? There must be something to people who tend to shop at the store being too lazy to check online or something but it defies my logic.

My SA told me the same thing when i was trying to work out a deal on the darlton's in store.
    "The cordovan never goes on sale," he tells me.
    "What about the private sale and preferred customer events where they mail out special codes?" I ask.

He dances around the subject and tries to tell me he could possibly try and get me 25% off when these roll around.

I then call C/S, get a code, and proceed to buy them online for the 30+15% discount. He misses out on his commission (which saves Ralph some money) and it gives me one more reason never to set foot in the physical store except to try on for sizing. Weird

8. jhcam8

jhcam8 Senior member

I ran into this as well. Can anyone explain the logic of this other than trying to protect brand image at the stores in order to try and keep from going the way of JosABank? There must be something to people who tend to shop at the store being too lazy to check online or something but it defies my logic.

My SA told me the same thing when i was trying to work out a deal on the darlton's in store.
    "The cordovan never goes on sale," he tells me.
    "What about the private sale and preferred customer events where they mail out special codes?" I ask.

He dances around the subject and tries to tell me he could possibly try and get me 25% off when these roll around.

I then call C/S, get a code, and proceed to buy them online for the 30+15% discount. He misses out on his commission (which saves Ralph some money) and it gives me one more reason never to set foot in the physical store except to try on for sizing. Weird

It's not just RL - but I've found that when I've established realationships overtime, some SA's are very accommodating, but not all. I try to deal with those who are willing to work with me.

9. makewayhomer

makewayhomer Senior member

my guess is that someone just effed up by leaving the cordovans eligible for the sale online

- historically they are usually not available
    - the SA's in store say they aren't so they must have been told that by "corporate"

10. asnexprss

asnexprss Well-Known Member

Just called C/S and got denied - they would only give me the code for the sale starting Thurs. Maybe I'll try again later.

11. jhcam8

jhcam8 Senior member

And another thing.... you'd think that SA's, being in SALES, would act like they want to make sales. E.g., I ran into a BB SA at the mall Starbucks who obviously recognized me - at least I apparently looked familiar - but looked away without a nod or smile. It seems to me that you'd want to be friendly to everyone just in case. There's other examples of SA's who act like they haven't seen you before when you've been in the store many times.

On the other hand, there's 5 or 6 people at my local RL store who know me by name and go out of their way to give me a nice greeting. Too bad my wife hates RL.

12. forex

forex Senior member

I just called and got the code and it is working,I am surprised how friendly and nice the CS rep was,probably the best experience I've had so far.

13. g.michael

g.michael Senior member

my guess is that someone just effed up by leaving the cordovans eligible for the sale online

- historically they are usually not available
    - the SA's in store say they aren't so they must have been told that by "corporate"

Based on all the threads on the darltons dating back several years, it appears that this twice yearly private sale is the way to get them (albeit online or through some major hassle at the actual store), and that people do indeed score them. So they are definitely included, although I'm very surprised the lack of SA knowledge on this. Of course SA's come and go, and not everyone is into cordovan shoes so I can understand some SA's not being in the loop. But this sale is why I wasn't willing to pay full price or even settle for the 20% one SA offered me.

Now I just hope they ship"”my order from yesterday keeps saying "processing". I would hate to have to eat my own words.

14. asnexprss

asnexprss Well-Known Member

Just got a code (funny how talking to a different rep changes things), but no more 9.5 in Darltons!!

15. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Senior member

Keep in mind that the websites codes are one use only. I think that might play a factor in it and the website is not the same as the stores.