• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ralph Nader's pocket square

starcrash

Reaction score
Watching the independent US presidential candidates' press conference yesterday on C-SPAN, I couldn't help but notice what appeared to be a very precise TV fold pocket square which seemed in contrast with his usual rumpled look.

Turns out, he keeps a folded pocket version of the Constitution in his breast pocket, which he made a point of during his speech.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I sometimes use graph paper to make a tv fold like pocket square for use in my casual jackets.

NukeMeSlowly

Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
I sometimes use graph paper to make a tv fold like pocket square for use in my casual jackets.

Are you taking the piss?

scruff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CharlesAlexander
Nader's a jackass.

He's done quite a bit for our country. I say the good outweighs the bad (both subjective, obviously). This pulls him out of jackass territory, in my opinion.

starcrash

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CharlesAlexander
Nader's a jackass.
Well, that's certainly what the mainstream media and corporate-funded political parties and special interest groups are saying. Funny, most of the things that Nader stands for are supported by a majority of Americans. Single payer health insurance, civil liberties, fair trade, cracking down on corporate crime and corporate welfare, etc. Here are some of the key issues that he stands for for anyone who's interested: http://www.votenader.org/issues/ I think Obama's a great guy, but he's painted himself into a corner by trying to remain "electable" which means that he's not allowed to take a strong stance on anything that he really believes in. Instead, for both McCain and Obama, it's "Lipstick-gate" and waiting for the other candidate to make a gaffe and say something stupid. Each candidate's goal is to be perceived by at least a slim majority of the 20-30% of Americans who actually vote that he is the "least worst." Of course, I live in California so I have the luxury of not having to worry about the "worser" candidate getting elected if I vote for who I really want to be president.

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's funny is that I used to think he was just another crazy left-winger, then you hear him speak one-on-one in an interview and I end up agreeing with most of his positions, same with a lot of the "out there" political leaders. I just never vote for them because I know no one else will.

greyinla

Reaction score
Nader's no jackass. He's a pain in the a**, but if you're an activist or challenging the status quo no matter what your political leanings, you kind of have to be. He's pissed off both sides of the aisle, no doubt, but he's fought the good fight on a number important issues.

I actually kind of like his look. Rumpled, but appropriately rumpled, like he knotted his tie at 8 am and figured good enough, there's work to do. If you do a google image search, he's in a suit in almost everyone.

I particularly like this one. '69 or 70 I believe, though the suit is a probably few years older.
http://www.achievement.org/autodoc/p...evers/nad0-001

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was going to make a joke about wearing my own copy of the Constitution in a pouf, but then you would make a joke about me being homosexual.

kdaust

Reaction score
Arrrgggh... politics. US politics, so I don't even know who this guy is.

Was it actually a piece of paper?

He could at least have the Constitution printed on some linen.

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not linen, but on silk, like the luckystrike's escape map. Hello, Kent Wang...

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 75 16.9%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 147 33.1%
  • 8”

Votes: 131 29.5%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 50 11.3%
  • 9”

Votes: 20 4.5%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 9 2.0%