• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ralph Lauren's logo is also sometime way too big IMO, then why...

ircfas133

Reaction score

then why nobody here complains about this fact. I'm not trying to question its quality, etc. But it seems to me that there are double standards here. Thanks!

Last edited:

CYstyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There have been many posts on the subject, but it sells, so they'll keep making the large logo.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

then why nobody here complains about this fact.  I'm not trying to question its quality, etc.  But it seems to me that there are double standards here.  Thanks!

Actually, the size of the logo and the "herd" of polo ponies that now dominate some RL Polo shirts is the butt of quite a few jokes or comments on Styleforum.

I think that most of the members here don't like big logos (or really any logos on clothing) and steer clear of the RL Polo shirts with the "big pony" as a consequence.

jeff13007

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Actually, the size of the logo and the "herd" of polo ponies that now dominate some RL Polo shirts is the butt of quite a few jokes or comments on Styleforum.
I think that most of the members here don't like big logos (or really any logos on clothing) and steer clear of the RL Polo shirts with the "big pony" as a consequence.

Very true, its sad that the big pony ones are the most modern fit i.e shorter shirt, slimmer around the arms/waist, but I've found the "custom fit" ones with the regular logos almost the same. I have to admit that i do own one of the big logo ones but that was a special chinese new year edition one that i got at Singapore's Changi airport where the 33 was replaced with the chinese letter for my birth animal.

CushyCouture

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
This should address any issues you have:

Oh my god that is hilarious LOL. Yeah I think they're getting carried away with the size of the pony on the shirt, it was classy in the 90s when it was no bigger than your thumb, now it's just tacky. Speaking of logos, does anyone else not like the express lion logo? Sometimes I'm about to buy a shirt and then I see the logo and I'm like - no thanks.

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This should address any issues you have:

This brings the lulz every time.

I'm actually wearing a rugby similar to the one in the OP right now. Let's see if I can find a pic.

BOOM

Excuse my ashy skin.

Last edited:

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I still find it funny that RL did not look into the meaning of the term "big pony" in London before releasing their EDP.

ircfas133

Reaction score
It's a double standard compared to what? I don't get it. Is this carry-over from another thread?

It is a two-letter abbreviation of a mall brand that I'm wise enough to refrain from mentioning here. Otherwise, I would suffer all-out scorched earth nuclear bombardment... Sorry.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads