Ralph Lauren

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by phoenixrecon, Jan 13, 2011.

1. TimelesStyle

TimelesStyle Senior member

SF but bloomingdales has consistent pricing across all their stores I think. Should be able to look up inventory and ship to you from any store too.

True, but right now I'm not in a city where the Bloomie's sells RLBL, so just as easy to call the store that supposedly has it. Good range of sizes?

2. xudisco07

xudisco07 Senior member

IMO, Friendship Heights has the best RL store.

Yup, the Tyson's store has very little. Friendship Heights one has a lot.

3. TimelesStyle

Yup, the Tyson's store has very little. Friendship Heights one has a lot.

RL's mall stores, even in very upscale malls, tend to suck. If you've ever been to the Naples or Costa Mesa locations you'll know what I'm talking about.

4. toade

toade Senior member

SF but bloomingdales has consistent pricing across all their stores I think. Should be able to look up inventory and ship to you from any store too.

Did you see if SF carries solid navy or charcoal? I know Blooimes sometimes has 30% off all RLBL, and combined with signing up for a CC, that could get me my staple suit for a fair price. Just not sure if they carry the solids at there (I live in LA but would hopefully have it transferred). If they did have solids, were there on sale when you were there?

5. Superfluous

Superfluous Senior member

RL's mall stores, even in very upscale malls, tend to suck. If you've ever been to the Naples or Costa Mesa locations you'll know what I'm talking about.

Naples, florida? It's in a mall, but not really the same kind of mall you're thinking of.

6. btinl

btinl Senior member

The RL store at Stanford shopping center (CA) isn't bad.

7. malat

malat Senior member

The RL store at Stanford shopping center (CA) isn't bad.

True. That is a very nice store. The sales associates leave a bit to be desired though.

8. bananananana

bananananana In Time Out

Did you see if SF carries solid navy or charcoal? I know Blooimes sometimes has 30% off all RLBL, and combined with signing up for a CC, that could get me my staple suit for a fair price. Just not sure if they carry the solids at there (I live in LA but would hopefully have it transferred). If they did have solids, were there on sale when you were there?

They had solid RLBL suits but not on sale. The solid PRL's were on sale however.

9. TimelesStyle

Naples, florida? It's in a mall, but not really the same kind of mall you're thinking of.

Yea, Naples, FL. I know what you mean, but it's a mall by my definition (same as the outdoor Westfield malls). If it's a group of stores with a Saks as an anchor, it counts as a mall in my book.

It's the stand-alone stores (NY, BY, Chicago, Boston, DC) that have the good stuff.

Perhaps that's because the suburban crowd tends to like Blue Label and thinks of RL as a place that makes polo shirts and weekend wear.

10. Matt S

Matt S Senior member

I was in there last week. It's not your average mall, but they still don't have suits. I think that's more because it's Florida. They usually carry a nice selection of sports coats.

11. AlphaAndTheOmega

AlphaAndTheOmega Well-Known Member

True. That is a very nice store. The sales associates leave a bit to be desired though.
    I agree.

12. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

IMO, the Upper East Side has the best RL store.

FTFY.

13. dieselman89

dieselman89 Senior member

PRL makes beautiful suits. I tried a few of them on last year and they fit very nicely. Never get them tailord at a RL store they will cost a fortune. They quoted me $150-200 in alterations, thats BS! When I am about to spend $600 on a suit I don't want to spend the additonal money on alterations.

14. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Senior member

Mens suits missed the last round of markdowns.

Cashmere cable knits are pretty far marked down in the stores, FYI.

Check out the new spring stuff, I think you guys will mostly be impressed.

15. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Senior member

PRL makes beautiful suits. I tried a few of them on last year and they fit very nicely. Never get them tailord at a RL store they will cost a fortune. They quoted me $150-200 in alterations, thats BS! When I am about to spend $600 on a suit I don't want to spend the additonal money on alterations.

I've found the pricing to be very reasonable by comparison to my local tailor.