• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ralph Lauren to dramatically increase the price of EG MTO?

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I have been told thet RL will soon raise the price of EG MTO from $1,300 to $2,000. Has anyone else heard the same? I am guessing this would be accompanied with an increase in RL-branded in-stock EG shoes.

Ridiculous if it true. Is this their way of killing EG MTO?

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley
I have been told thet RL will soon raise the price of EG MTO from $1,300 to $2,000. Has anyone else heard the same? I am guessing this would be accompanied with an increase in RL-branded in-stock EG shoes.

Ridiculous if it true. Is this their way of killing EG MTO?

I got the same story via Andre from The Mansion today. The sound you hear is the dollar sucking wind.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aportnoy
I got the same story via Andre from The Mansion today. The sound you hear is the dollar sucking wind.

Funny, Andre was the one who called me as well.

LARon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When is this supposed to happen? (I'm eyeing a second pair of Grants, which are already up to $1,300 from the $900 I paid when I bought my first pair just two years ago.) Another increase ??? yikes!

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
I love EG, but at $2K I'm going to Florence Italy and exploring other options.

william

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Absurd.

Once I started buying Vass for $750 EG didn't seem worth it to me at $950.

2K is laughable.

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
May be the $2000 price tag is for TD range? May be Mansion now only offers MTO at TD range? If that's the case, the price seems reasonable; if not, $2000 is outrageous for a regular MTO.

sartort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
why not go to tom at leathersoul for nearly 1/2 that price MTO. i love rl prob more than the next guy and 3 out of my 4 egs are rlpl, but there is no reason to pay a premium when eg can make an rl designed eg such as the grant. it used to be that rlpl eg's were a better value compared to egs due to the shoe trees being included. if these rumors come to fruition, the tables have turned.

this is dissappointing news. my store in dallas is due to get eg/rlpl shoes in for the spring but at 1000+ there is no way I'll be buying another pair. on sale...perhaps.

i'd rather go vass, or frankly try out g&g for what will apparently be less money.

we shall see...I am curious what the rtw will be priced at.

speedster.8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well EG has apparently had a 5% increase post Xmas.
There was a discussion on this on AAAC.

Speed

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I'm told the price increase becomes effective over the next couple of weeks, and Andre was asking if I wanted to get in some last minute orders at the older price.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads