• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ralph Lauren Suit Question

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Doc, where can you find Blue Label at such good discounts? The Polo sale or outlets? Somewhere else? Cheers.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Polo outlet is one of the better sources, if you have a good one. Also, some Marshalls -- particularly the larger ones -- offer the blue label suits at about $399. And plenty of folks flip them on eBay, too. Admittedly, it's hard to find a charcoal or a navy this way, but pinstripes and patterns are pretty easy to come by.

The problem with blue label is that a solid in a desirable color can run you as much as a much nicer solid Corneliani.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Blue Label would be known as "Polo Ralph Lauren" and it has a blue tag.
Black Label simply says "Ralpha Lauren" but with a black tag
Purple Labor is known as "Ralpha Lauren Purple Label" with a purple tag and in italics.

I'm sure someone around here could take pics of the tags, and post for convenience...

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well I just tried on a Black Label 2-button suit and it's absolutely great. Great slim fit, nice fabric. At 50% off it will run me almost $850 but that's a good price for a suit that I love. It will probably need minimal alterations so I save money there too. Thanks for the help everyone!

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Cool. and be sure to post pics when it's back from the tailor.

csgrad

Reaction score
Good job, the new black label suits are incredible fit wise, I'm gona wait for the friends and family sale before picking mine up. Which color did you get?

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, you all aren't kidding about the slim fit of the Black Label suits... They're great, I'll defintely have to keep an eye out for them at discount.

csgrad

Reaction score
Haha, exactly, when I tried the new ones out couple months ago, I was completely surprised. Its slimmer than costume national with the shoulders and button stance of an aggresive italian cut dolce gabbana, and gota love the mono chrome colors.

farfisa23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Black is slimmer than the Purple for some reason. I just bought one of each in the last month (I know, SF has made me a sick, sick man) and the Purple runs a tad bit looser for some reason. I am somewhat bulky dude, so I went up a size and they both fit like a glove. The Dolce I just got, fits somewhat snug but much more true to size. I am a true 44 and bought a 44 in the Dolce and 46 in the Black and Purple - the shoulders on the 44 were tiny.

UMass

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rssmsvc
Order of Suiting goods for RL as I understand it and IMHO:
Polo Blue - Italian Made I think by Corneliani but some say Canali

I can confirm the POLO II suit is made by Cornellani. I have two of the POLO II suits and the label on the shipping bag is from Cornellani, shipped to RL in N.Y. as POLO stock.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by csgrad
Good job, the new black label suits are incredible fit wise, I'm gona wait for the friends and family sale before picking mine up. Which color did you get?

I'm getting it in Charcoal. I was interested in navy because that's a more pressing need for me, but they didn't have it at the store. Maybe my friend can pull a few strings when she gets the discount and find me a navy somewhere.

farfisa23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
I'm getting it in Charcoal.

I bought a two button thin pinstripe in "Anthracite". Now my plain "Polo" estate fit shirts don't cut it. Don't forget the shirt and tie in the deal either!

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by farfisa23
I bought a two button thin pinstripe in "Anthracite". Now my plain "Polo" estate fit shirts don't cut it. Don't forget the shirt and tie in the deal either!

That's what I have CEGO shirtmaker for!

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The 1930 Norfolk action backs even in 46 are like a tight 44 The Italian cutting is so ungenerous.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads