• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ralph Lauren Store Cheap Suits (Philly)

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got back from the Philadelphia RL store and found the suits they had on sale are 80% off. I got this suit in a dark charcoal stripe in 40L for $399.50. There was a black double-breasted 40L in the store at the same price. I will have it altered, but from my quick try on it's at least a half canvassed suit, probably fully canvassed.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That suit you linked is a Black Label, made by Caruso, and should be fully canvassed.

Are you talking the downtown RL store or the King of Prussia store?

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The downtown RL store. Yes, it definitely seemed fully canvassed.

Frogger42

Reaction score
Is this nationwide? Anyone know about the Mansion?

btinl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was at KOP recently. They had nothing.

The Philly store only has 40L and 44L left.

phillyesq

Reaction score
Originally Posted by btinl
I was at KOP recently. They had nothing.

The Philly store only has 40L and 44L left.

I just walked by the Philly store within the last hour. I'm glad to read that they don't have a 40R left, otherwise I'd feel obligated to go back and spend more money that I don't necessarily need to spend.
smile.gif

GQBaller

Reaction score
That's a great deal.

I'm very jealous, as I really want a Black Label suit and missed out on the Gilt Groupe sale.

I guess I should check my local Ralph Lauren store.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm really happy to be getting such an awesome suit!

yerrow

Reaction score
for a very short amount of time, anything from fall/winter at ralph lauren stores is an additional 50% off

andrzejpw

Reaction score
I was just there this afternoon. I bought a fully canvased Blue label, originally priced at $1,895 for $379.50 in a 38R. They have some larger stuff left (44) but the pickings are slim. It's paid for, but I'm going to let them hold on to it for a bit while I mull it over. I do need a better fitting suit, but is it a good deal?

edit: the fit is almost perfect off the rack. Only alteration would be the pants.

yerrow

Reaction score
so the coat fits "perfectly" off the rack?

if so you're lucky

sartort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good deal on a fully canvassed blue label. That's going to be really hard to beat, esp. if the fit is good.

andrzejpw

Reaction score
Yeah, the fit was pretty much dead on. Both my more knowledgeable friend and the SA agreed. I'm a bit confused though, as from reading here it seems like the Blue label stuff was (is?) all fused and made by corneliani. I feel silly now that I didn't get the full model, although I remember my friend saying it was a Polo IV. The salesman said it was fully canvased, although I didn't remember to check it for myself. I guess I can call tomorrow.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interestingly enough, the fit was almost perfect for me too. I just went in today to get the alterations and I'm just having the back brought in a little and of course the sleeve length and cuffs. There are two 44L suits left, one navy Blue Label and the same dark charcoal stripe Black Label I purchased. There are also around 5-10 sport coats available with varying sizes 38R, 42R, etc.

Also, the SA said that all of the RL suits are fully canvassed now, not just the Black/Purple Label. I'm not sure if that's true, but that's what he said.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads