1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ralph Lauren Spring Sale

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by aportnoy, May 6, 2008.

1. StockwellDay

StockwellDay Senior member

which PL shoes run on the 89 last? i also sent you a PM ucla if u get a chance, thanks!

peering and stern are definitely on 89.

2. Dan G

Dan G Senior member

Does the mansion carry multiple widths?

3. rando

rando Senior member

I believe only D width, any other width would have to be MTO

4. Dan G

Dan G Senior member

Anybody know what the Montgomery and Hutton models equate to in EG?

5. techsetter

techsetter Well-Known Member

Hey guys, Do you think this Black label navy blazer is a good deal after 30% + 20%? Link

6. aportnoy

aportnoy Senior member Dubiously Honored

Anybody know what the Montgomery and Hutton models equate to in EG?

Montgomery doesn't. It's a wing cap monk with broguing. The Hutton is Malvern on a double leather sole.

7. fusherino

fusherino Senior member

Hey guys,

Do you think this Black label navy blazer is a good deal after 30% + 20%?

Link

im a fan of black label. and that was before i even knew it was canvassed. i once purchased a bl suit online tho, the anthony model in gabardine and thought the fabric looked incredibly cheap. so, since this jacket is a different fabric, id say YES

8. wqvong

wqvong Senior member

9. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

The Darlton blucher in black calf is nice and sleek. I'd only purchase the Alden blucher if you want shell, not calf.

10. sartort

sartort Senior member

Montgomery doesn't. It's a wing cap monk with broguing. The Hutton is Malvern on a double leather sole.
    +

Are these on the 89 last?

Also, does anyone know if RL has an EG Welland analog? If so, what is the name and last. Thanks.

11. pledge

pledge Senior member

Does anyone know if the 20-30% "kicker" applies to online purchases as well. I was "invited" to the Private Sale, but I certainly don't want to miss out on the extra discount by waiting until May 15th. In other words, does the MAY15 coupon code include the extra discount from the "kicker"? Thanks in advance.

12. johnny_flapjack

johnny_flapjack Senior member

Does anyone know if the 20-30% "kicker" applies to online purchases as well. I was "invited" to the Private Sale, but I certainly don't want to miss out on the extra discount by waiting until May 15th. In other words, does the MAY15 coupon code include the extra discount from the "kicker"? Thanks in advance.

The only code I received in the mail was on the 20% additional "kicker" card that's good for May 15 only. That leads me to believe that the web prices will be modified to reflect the 30-40% base discount throughout the May 15-19 sale period and the extra 20% will be factored in when you use the MAY15 code on the 15th only.

13. pledge

pledge Senior member

The only code I received in the mail was on the 20% additional "kicker" card that's good for May 15 only. That leads me to believe that the web prices will be modified to reflect the 30-40% base discount throughout the May 15-19 sale period and the extra 20% will be factored in when you use the MAY15 code on the 15th only.
    Thanks for the reply. I think that's a sensible estimation, and accords well with what some of the SA's have told me. Based on seasons past, do you happen to know if any of the Platinum cashmere v-necks, or Big Pony collection will be going on sale?

14. johnny_flapjack

johnny_flapjack Senior member

Just hit the Mansion and here's the skinny...

All items are 40% off with an additional 20% with the kicker code.

I scored the following:

RLPL by Saint Andrews 2B dark tan gaberdine suit
    Grants in black on the 888 [​IMG]
    RLPL version of Malvern in chestnut on the 888
    5 RLPL Lorenzini dress shirts
    5 RLPL ties

They are definitely taking pre-sale orders and will hold stuff and charge you on this Tursday.

Unleash the hounds![​IMG]

Is the RLPL version of the Malvern called the Malvern? Obvious answer is yes, but...

15. PhiloVance

PhiloVance Senior member

I went over to the Mansion at about six this evening. All but one of the EG shoes remaining in stock were black: Peering, Grant, etc. The only remaining non-black EG shoe was the spectator Hutton I picked up in chestnut antique and white suede. It appears to have a beviled waist and is not doublesoled. I would say the dimensions are identical to my EG Malvern III spectator in chestnut with acorn twill.

I think I picked up the last 9.5. They were holding a 10 for someone and may have had one more in stock. I really think anyone who waits for the 15th to pick up RLPL shoes from the mansion will find that there are none remaining. It sounded to me like there wasnt much remaining (I'm not counting the MTO stuff).

MY SA told me about the sale, gave me the 40% and the 20% kicker, charged my credit card, packed my shoes up and I walked out with them.
    Philo

16. raphael

raphael Senior member

Don't forget to get something for the doggy too.

[​IMG]

17. pledge

pledge Senior member

Is the RLPL version of the Malvern called the Malvern? Obvious answer is yes, but...

Not sure if this is what you are asking, but the RLPL equivalent is called the "Barend". I don't believe they have any more in stock in the Mansion. FWIW, I prefer the EG Inverness to the Malvern.

18. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

Hey guys,

Do you think this Black label navy blazer is a good deal after 30% + 20%?

Link

Yes, I'd say so. Of course another couple of hundred off wouldn't hurt, but it's rare to find a navy blazer on that level of discount.

You may decide to replace the buttons, if you don't like the RL crest on them. Personally, I think it's fine, but I don't think everyone would agree. Still a bargain, though.

19. earthdragon

earthdragon Senior member

Wo beat me to the punch on the last pair of Grants in burnished calf (11 D) at the BH Store? I did manage both the Grant and Eden in Black

20. PittDoc

PittDoc Well-Known Member

Don't forget to get something for the doggy too.
    That "thing" could use a turtleneck Polo!