1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ralph Lauren Spring Sale

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by aportnoy, May 6, 2008.

1. mmhollis

mmhollis Senior member

Is this the RL in NYC?

Excuse, in advance, my ignorance.

2. johnny_flapjack

johnny_flapjack Senior member

Is this the RL in NYC?

Excuse, in advance, my ignorance.

It's RL everywhere. A fair majority of the posters here are in NYC so they deal with the Madison Ave store, but this is every RL store and the website.

3. Recoil

Recoil Senior member

What is the criteria for getting a kicker card? I always shop in the Troy, Michigan store and a lot of the places I shop at over there don't spend the extra buck to send their special mailings international, I wonder if their sales people know if I'm eligible or not? Or how I find out?

4. Thurston

Thurston Senior member

If you know about it, you're eligible. Just say you got the May 15 postcard.

5. Dan G

Dan G Senior member

Anybody have a link to pictures of the models that the RL store carries?

6. Recoil

Recoil Senior member

7. JamesT

JamesT Senior member

Alright, I'm confused. When does this sale start?

8. johnny_flapjack

Alright, I'm confused. When does this sale start?

The actual sale runs Thursday the 15th through Monday the 19th and is a 40% discount. The extra 20% off (which totals to a 52% discount) is only on Thursday the 15th. The online code for that day is MAY15. If you go into the store without the extra 20% discount card they should give you the 20% kicker if you just mention it to them.

And it lived right in this very thread.

9. JamesT

JamesT Senior member

And it lived right in this very thread.

I thought it was May 15th but all this talk of "I just got this..." and "They will bill your CC on Thursday" had me thinking otherwise.

10. rando

rando Senior member

will EG's ever be this cheap again at ~500, doesnt seem like it

11. johnny_flapjack

I thought it was May 15th but all this talk of "I just got this..." and "They will bill your CC on Thursday" had me thinking otherwise.

Yeah, those are the pros that go in early, pick their stuff and get their shopping done. I'm sure if you don't have a regular sales associate someone can recommend one to you, but I'm guessing any SA that wants to ring the register will help you out with getting your stuff lined up early. The actual transaction would be on the 15th however.

will EG's ever be this cheap again at ~500, doesnt seem like it

If what Andrew is saying about them going up to approx. $1300 through RL is correct, I'd be hard pressed to believe they'll get this cheap again too often. That's a helluva discount to get from $1300 to under $500.

12. aportnoy

aportnoy Senior member Dubiously Honored

If what Andrew is saying about them going up to approx. $1300 through RL is correct, I'd be hard pressed to believe they'll get this cheap again too often. That's a helluva discount to get from $1300 to under $500.

Given the fall of the dollar and the fact the RL has maintained the $950 pricing for a while, an increase seems to be in order. As a point of reference, RLPL Saint Andrews suits are now $3800-$4300, a 20%+ increase from about a year ago.

13. johnny_flapjack

Given the fall of the dollar and the fact the RL has maintained the $950 pricing for a while, an increase seems to be in order. As a point of reference, RLPL Saint Andrews suits are now $3800-$4300, a 20%+ increase from about a year ago.

I completely understand, which is why I want to grab what I can in what might be the last great cheap EG grab - at least until we, you know, fix the dollar [​IMG]

Andrew, I'm unclear on the availability of some of the EG models now. I know the Grant is on RL.com and available at the mansion. A couple of other models have been mentioned, but does RL still carry the shoes like the Mackay and the Grant in the browns (dark oak)? I don't deal with the RLPL shoes enough to know if it's just that most stores have to order them or that they're just not available any longer. I should be able to talk to my SA tomorrow to find out, but any info you can provide would be appreciated.

14. aportnoy

aportnoy Senior member Dubiously Honored

Andrew, I'm unclear on the availability of some of the EG models now. I know the Grant is on RL.com and available at the mansion. A couple of other models have been mentioned, but does RL still carry the shoes like the Mackay and the Grant in the browns (dark oak)? I don't deal with the RLPL shoes enough to know if it's just that most stores have to order them or that they're just not available any longer. I should be able to talk to my SA tomorrow to find out, but any info you can provide would be appreciated.

Some stores might have a few left over pieces but they are not current stock. Thne fact that GVH had so many Grants in chestnut tells you the RL discontinued them as a stock item. All but one model at The Mansion was in black.

15. haganah

haganah Senior member

What was the December sale? 40 + 15?

I think I got my suits for around 400 a pop. Plus I had a coupon that gave me a gift certificate of 350 or something as well on top of that so really it came out to three something per suit. I don't know anyone else that had that coupon though so I'd say 400 in Dec. I don't think they'd be selling a tan or lighter colored suit in Dec though.

16. johnny_flapjack

Some stores might have a few left over pieces but they are not current stock. Thne fact that GVH had so many Grants in chestnut tells you the RL discontinued them as a stock item. All but one model at The Mansion was in black.

Damn. Thanks for the info.

17. von Rothbart

von Rothbart Senior member

But the exchange rate between $ & £ has been pretty stable for past 2 years, ranging £=$1.95-2.05.

18. Balthazar

Balthazar Senior member

What does RLPL call the Dover and do they still carry it?

19. von Rothbart

von Rothbart Senior member

Pitney Lawn. RTW no, MTO yes.

20. johnny_flapjack

What does RLPL call the Dover and do they still carry it?

Carter? Not sure if it's still available. I'm sure the shoe fairy knows.