Ralph Lauren Spring Sale

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by aportnoy, May 6, 2008.

1. blackplatano

blackplatano Senior member

$1k + shipping.

i think i just had a good SA over the phone [​IMG]

I feel violated.

2. Master Shake

Master Shake Senior member

When I was at the mansion on Saturday all the black label suits were part of the sale, including the plain navy and charcoal. I picked up the mid-blue pinstriped with peak label.

3. blackplatano

are these plain navy/charcoal suits peak lapel? Somebody in this thread said it would be only the notch lapels that are not included.

Stickontree, who's your SA

4. stickonatree

stickonatree Senior member

are these plain navy/charcoal suits peak lapel? Somebody in this thread said it would be only the notch lapels that are not included.

Stickontree, who's your SA

sent you a PM

5. haganah

haganah Senior member

I still really think that's high for black label platano unless you absolutely need it now.

6. imstr8trippin

imstr8trippin Well-Known Member

anybody know if this sale is starting at midnight online?

7. blackplatano

I don't know whether I should say his name or not, but theres a certain SA that
    I would avoid If I'm at the mansion.

This SA told me that Black label was not discounting charcoal and navy suits, but instead suggested blue label. Through PM i found out that he sold a charcoal RLBL to a member with the discount he said the suits didn't get.

He also proposed a 40% discount on a polo II. Then on saturday I call and ask for the 20% kicker, he agreed.
    I went to pick it up and at the counter said all suits are only 30% (The thread says only black label is 30% off). He told me that only shoes are 40%. Basically, it was the same price after the kicker that I would have gotten with 40% off...
    40% + 20% = 50% (a little more, but not much)
    30% + 20% = 40% " "

He gave me a 40% one day, then when I ask for the 20%, he just lowered the main discount to 30%. Which is basically the same discount.

increadible.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt since he was recomended by a respected member of this forum. I bought a Polo II, which fit nicely and is already at the tailor, so I can't return it.

If you buy something however, know that they would say anything for sale. Apperently they make things up as they go along.

8. Reborn

Reborn Senior member

Last week someone at the Mansion gave my brother 30%+20% on a pair of PL shoes and two differently lasted shoe trees. [​IMG]

9. mr monty

mr monty Senior member

If I don't know his name, I can't avoid him?[​IMG]

send a pm

10. gumercindo

gumercindo Senior member

has anyone tried their luck at the Chevy Chase store?

11. StockwellDay

StockwellDay Senior member

This SA told me that Black label was not discounting charcoal and navy suits, but instead suggested blue label. Through PM i found out that he sold a charcoal RLBL to a member with the discount he said the suits didn't get.

He also proposed a 40% discount on a polo II. Then on saturday I call and ask for the 20% kicker, he agreed.
    I went to pick it up and at the counter said all suits are only 30% (The thread says only black label is 30% off). He told me that only shoes are 40%. Basically, it was the same price after the kicker that I would have gotten with 40% off...
    30% + 20% = 40% " "

He gave me a 40% one day, then when I ask for the 20%, he just lowered the main discount to 30%. Which is basically the same discount.

increadible.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt since he was recomended by a respected member of this forum. I bought a Polo II, which fit nicely and is already at the tailor, so I can't return it.

If you buy something however, know that they would say anything for sale. Apperently they make things up as they go along.

There seems to be an ongoing problem with you and sales associates.

12. johnny_flapjack

johnny_flapjack Senior member

30% + 20% = 40% " "

increadible.

I'd take your receipt back, find a manager, explain the situation and see if they're willing to do anything to correct the discount.

13. blackplatano

There seems to be an ongoing problem with you and sales associates.

Don't know, maybe i'm having bad luck lately.

I'll like to add that the SA seems like a good guy when we spoke in person, except for what was mentioned above.

14. Knowledge is King

Knowledge is King Senior member

30% + 20% = 40% " "

increadible.

At the Polo Mansion this same exact thing happened to me last year as well. I was told over the phone that they would hold a Black Label navy 2-button blazer with all the discounts/kickers in effect. I got the store and they wouldn't honor the discount. The same thing happened to me with a Black Label tux this winter. Was told it was on sale over the phone only to be turned away at the store. I don't make a habit of going that far uptown so I usually call first, but I should just start asking them to ship directly to my apartment. It wouldn't be as frustrating if everyone received this treatment but its enraging when some people are saving thousands of dollars and I'm being turned away.

From my experience, every store in midtown is like this though. I've had sales associates at Bergdorf quabble with me about items that are marked cheaper on the tag than they are "in the system" (a "last pair" of shoes hand-marked at $335 when they came up in the computer as $735). Last Fall, I had Saks tell me over the phone that Black Label items were on sale. When I got there, the sales associate told me that they weren't on sale. Lo and behold, while I was at the register purchasing a RLPL tie 10 minutes later, another guy next to me was buying a Black Label suit at 40% off.

My conclusion: Sales Associates are unreliable at best.

15. stickonatree

stickonatree Senior member

platano, sorry that it happened to you, he seemed nice enough over the phone, from what i could tell he was extremely busy and had the time to talk to me on the phone without sounding hurried (a different SA would always answer and tell me our nameless SA's on another floor). i do, however have a theory: a lot of times during sales, SA's will make even the non-sale items like they are on sale, until the manager catches them, which is more likely to happen in-store than over the phone. i used to work at nordstrom's (similar to sak's for those of you on th east coast), and i would occasionally "extend extra sales priviledges" to those that seemed amicable and those with references. the mentioned SA even shipped my suit out extremely fast via 3 day fedex, and it arrived this morning about an hour ago. the packaging was extremely well done as well, i expected the suit to be folded over in a flat box but here are some previews: the giant box, about 4 feet tall: [​IMG] the wooden thingamajig holding the suit up in the box, complete with nice varnished wooden hangar; took me a minute to figure out how to get the hangar out: [​IMG] the color was dark charcoal, without my glasses in the low light of my room i thought it was black. the fabric was extremely soft, as you can see the lapels are bent inwards simply from putting the suit on an incline on my bed. the suit itself fits impeccably in all the right places, the pants were a tad tight like most people have said. as with every suit i'm going to my tailor to take in the sleeves and the pants hem: [​IMG] can someone indeed verify that this suit tag indeed comes from caruso? [​IMG]