1. Hi. We moved systems, and because it was impossible to achieve feature parity between the systems, we opted to archive the old B&S threads but allow users to read them so that they can put them into our new B&S system.

There is a support thread if you have any issues.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ralph Lauren sportcoats, suits and shirts

Discussion in 'B&S Archive' started by cmv96, Aug 4, 2006.

1. cmv96

cmv96 Well-Known Member

I have quite a number of Ralph Lauren sportcoats, suits, ties and sport shirts that I could part with. Time to clean out the closet. Assuming that I post photos of each item, do you think it's better to list each item as 'make an offer', or to list an asking price for each item?

Perhaps I should also mention that the sportcoats & suits are mostly 42/43/44L, sportshirts size Large

2. kronik

kronik Senior member

I have quite a number of Ralph Lauren sportcoats, suits, ties and sport shirts that I could part with. Time to clean out the closet. Assuming that I post photos of each item, do you think it's better to list each item as 'make an offer', or to list an asking price for each item?

Perhaps I should also mention that the sportcoats & suits are mostly 42/43/44L, sportshirts size Large

Asking price.

3. cmv96

cmv96 Well-Known Member

Is there really a market for (very lightly) used suits and sportcoats? I mean, are people willing to buy items without trying them on and knowing they've already been altered?

4. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

Yes, very much so. As long as the seller provides proper measurements, it's not too hard to ensure a decent fit. And if the garments still have a lot of wear left in them, why not? Might as well find them a good home.

5. rnoldh

rnoldh Senior member

Is there really a market for (very lightly) used suits and sportcoats? I mean, are people willing to buy items without trying them on and knowing they've already been altered?

Uh!! There's this new concept called Ebay. Check it out at

http://www.ebay.com/

It's amazing! People are actually buying lots of suits without trying them on!

6. cmv96

cmv96 Well-Known Member

How much does eBay charge? I was figuring that this forum would be effective and a lot less costly

7. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

The have a listing fee scale. In short, the more you make the minimum bid, the more you pay. Then they take a percentage of the final sales price. Sometimes they offer specials that will save you money on the listing fees.

It's certainly less expensive to sell here, though you won't get the benefit of the crazy bidding wars that sometimes break out on eBay. But you'll get to enjoy the inner glow of helping out a fellow forum member.