• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

makaveli89

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

I want to buy RL shoes. I am wearing NIKE right now and I got size US 8/ EUR 41. Ralph Lauren size for EUR 41 is US 9. On RL website, it shows Size 9 D. What does D mean?
and do you think that size 9 for RL is the same size like Nike's sz 8?

Thank you!

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You are a size 11.5D.
devil.gif

Regards.

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In U.S. shoe sizing, the widths are: A & B = Narrow, C & D = Medium, E, EE & EEE =Wide.

makaveli89

Reaction score
so what size should i get now? im wearing nike air max size 41 euro/ 8 US right now.

makaveli89

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rathebaindc
you should probably get a size D or C. but that's just for ralph lauren shoes. it might be different for other shoe brands.

ok, but should i get size 9/ eur 41 for ralph lauren shoes or are they smaller or bigger than nikes?

entrero

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I assume you're getting a RL dress shoe, in general dress shoes are 1 size smaller than sneakers. Also don't rely on size charts which varies for each brand. For example most U.S based sizing state 42 EUR/ 9US, but it's more like 42 EUR/ 8.5US...

mxgreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by makaveli89
help please guys

Where do you live? Why don't you go into a RL store and try some shoes on?

If you can't do that, try on some shoes by Allen Edmonds to find your size (& width) - remember the model name that you try on. Then come back here and give the information, people should be able to provide better help then.

bjan

Reaction score
I would recommend comparing dress shoe sizes to dress shoe sizes. Sneaker sizes, especially Nike seem to be wildly inconsistent between models.

intfxdx

Reaction score
i suggest you to follow RL sizin chart, because i am living in europe and have size 43, and i buy RL shoes 10D which is exactly in size chart, and indeed i have other shoes they are all 10d. i am surprised that nike runs 2 size smaller. As one has already stated dress shoes runs small, but this is not general, i have Hugo Boss shoes which runs 2 size small but i have RL dress shoes and they are true to size, so it depends on the brand and RL fits true to size, so go for 9 imo.
and think also buying them in sale maybe not now but in the future, or check on amazon. I never buy RL if they are not in sale because i bought a shoe which normally costs 495 $ but it was in sale for 179$, but actually this pair of shoe is well worth for 179 $, but absolutely not for 495 $.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics