• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ralph Lauren sale?

sportin_life

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do they typically have an after christmas sale for RL? I'm surprised I haven't seen anything this year yet from them? If not, does anyone know when their large sales typically are?

I'm assuming one of them is the one before Turkey Day, but is that the only one? Thanks.

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I called the Chicago store today, right now stuff is hard marked 30-40% off and then an additional 25% off. Last year, if I recall, it was the same, and then some time in January it went to 50% off marked price, then back up to 25% off, then they cleared the sale stuff out. Maybe the same this year.

jimmyfingers

Reaction score
Ralph Lauren sales are tricky since they mark much of it up before sale.

The clearance and discount racks are usually duds with maybe 5 dolllars off the price.

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jimmyfingers
Ralph Lauren sales are tricky since they mark much of it up before sale.

The clearance and discount racks are usually duds with maybe 5 dolllars off the price.

I don't recall them ever marking things up prior to the sale. The oddity with RL sales is that just because something goes on sale, doesn't mean it stays on sale. They may do 30% off during the fall, but if it's not a "hard markdown" the price will go back to MSRP after the sale. I don't consider that a "mark-up."

sartorialism

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha! I just bought out my local RL sale (and they had a MASSIVE one) and transferred it here.
musicboohoo[1].gif
musicboohoo[1].gif

p12m

Reaction score
Does the Madison avenue store sell sale items?

anginaprinzmetal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Talking bout RL sale! Was at the Park City outlet today, pretty much all was Lauren by RL (yep the green label) and odd crap! The prices for polo shirts were about $40.00, cotton sweaters around $70.00-50.00.
plain.gif

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sartorialism
Haha! I just bought out my local RL sale (and they had a MASSIVE one) and transferred it here.
musicboohoo[1].gif
musicboohoo[1].gif

How good was the sale on Black Label and Purple Label? I called Chicago today and was told it was 30+25% off on BL and 40+25% off on PL, was that correct?

uhurit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
musicboohoo[1].gif
musicboohoo[1].gif

Great! I'd like a charcoal RLBL Anthony suit size 40r...got some?
sarcasm.gif

Matt S

Reaction score
I was at the Polo outlet in Estero, FL today and they had a few polo shirts on clearance for about $21 (after 30% off). So I got the 4 they had in medium. I also got a brown Andrew pant at $13 (after 30% off). But there wan't much else at those prices that interested me. My father bought some Dalton pants there once, though I didn't see any today. The last time I was there I found a black Polo dinner jacket that was missing the trousers. The sales associate said they were there went the dinner jacket arrived but they seemed to go missing.

sartorialism

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TimelesStyle
How good was the sale on Black Label and Purple Label? I called Chicago today and was told it was 30+25% off on BL and 40+25% off on PL, was that correct?

Originally Posted by uhurit
Great! I'd like a charcoal RLBL Anthony suit size 40r...got some?
sarcasm.gif

Guys, this isn't good. I can't advertise my sales outside of the sales threads. So just watch my threads (which will be completed in about an hour), or PM me. But let's not do this here. Not good! I humble cede this forum back to OP.

sportin_life

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you guys referring to the outlet stores or the retail stores? Their online sale isn't that great right now.

I guess I'll check out their B&M tomorrow when I drop by Barney's to hunt down some shoes.

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys, this isn't good. I can't advertise my sales outside of the sales threads. So just watch my threads (which will be completed in about an hour), or PM me. But let's not do this here. Not good! I humble cede this forum back to OP.

Uh, not sure what exactly you mean, just trying to figure out how good the sale is so I can decide whether to go check out the RL store tomorrow or wait a few more weeks. What prevents you from telling us how good the deals were?

sartorialism

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TimelesStyle
Uh, not sure what exactly you mean, just trying to figure out how good the sale is so I can decide whether to go check out the RL store tomorrow or wait a few more weeks. What prevents you from telling us how good the deals were?

Because I just emptied out half a store, and am reselling it here. Talking about that sale here will be the equivalent of making this a proxy sales thread. Further, talking about the sales on the items I purchased is bad form: it isn't nice to tell people how much (or little) you paid for the thing you're selling. I don't want anyone feeling bad or whatnot. My prices are reasonable, and shoppers have to decide whether or not they're willing to meet them (or to offer counter-offers). But I won't put my profit margins in everyone's faces.

Finally, you can deduce by looking at my sales that the sale was amazing. I wouldn't be posting all this stuff at such great prices had I not gotten it at even better prices! Win/win for all involved!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.2%

Forum statistics

Threads