• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ralph Lauren Sale coming up...

pred02

Reaction score
I went to a RL store in my area last weekend and was told that there is a sale coming up at the end of the month. I have never been to RL sales and was hoping of perhaps scoring a RLBL suit or similar at a discount (as its near impossible at the Woodbury outlet store).

1) Does anyone know when the sale starts? I gave the rep my info and what I am interested in.
2) Does everything in the store go on sale, or is there a selected section of items?
3) What is the expected discount? Is there a way to get an additional discount?

Thanks!

southbound35

Reaction score
I don't know the answers to your specific questions, but this piece of information may help those who do. The upcoming sale is the friends and family sale. So, if anyone knows what the F&F sale usually entails, that might be what the OP is looking for. I was at the RL store in Dallas a few days ago and one of the SA's (a former co-worker) mentioned it to me.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
I'm looking for a RLBL suit, so any details would be fantastic...

ccvle

Reaction score
I thought the FF sale is usually in May.

MustangQB11

Reaction score
Friends and Family is usually around 30% off. As to scoring a suit in the brick and mortar Ralph Lauren stores at a Woodbury price-level, that is very rare, and in the case of RLPL, nearly impossible. The only time that might be possible (for RLBL) is at the very tail-end of the seasonal sales, when, for usually only a weekend or two, the stores offer 50% off the lowest sale price. That brought RLBL suits down to approximately $400, but by that time there is very little left from which to choose.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
not sure if this has anything to do with the FF sale, but RL called my wife on wednesday to tell her that they are doing $50 off every $250 spent from now until saturday (tomorrow)...

MustangQB11

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ccvle
I thought the FF sale is usually in May.

The premise of FF is a pre-sale of sorts on the Private Sale, which takes place in mid-May (for the Spring collection).

southbound35

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MustangQB11
Friends and Family is usually around 30% off. As to scoring a suit in the brick and mortar Ralph Lauren stores at a Woodbury price-level, that is very rare, and in the case of RLPL, nearly impossible. The only time that might be possible (for RLBL) is at the very tail-end of the seasonal sales, when, for usually only a weekend or two, the stores offer 50% off the lowest sale price. That brought RLBL suits down to approximately $400, but by that time there is very little left from which to choose.
The SA/friend also mentioned that all of the RL stores are carrying significantly less inventory this season (very little backstock of anything). So, if you have a particular style in mind, I'd probably make a point to buy it during the F&F or Private Sale because there won't likely be the stockpile of clearance sale items in every size and color at the end of this season like we've seen recently.

pred02

Reaction score
Does anyone know when it would be the best time to expect this? Woodbury is 200 miles away, the B&M one store is the only thing I have in the area. I really like to score a RLBL suit, I tried one one and it fits like a glove, but I am a 38S/R but don't want to spend $1800 or anything near there, if its realistic to try to score one or just move on and settle with something else... $400-$600 is realistic in my budget.

Thanks!

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
nice i want to pick up one of those half lined linen sportcoats with a herringbone pattern.

MustangQB11

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pred02
Does anyone know when it would be the best time to expect this? Woodbury is 200 miles away, the B&M one store is the only thing I have in the area. I really like to score a RLBL suit, I tried one one and it fits like a glove, but I am a 38S/R but don't want to spend $1800 or anything near there, if its realistic to try to score one or just move on and settle with something else... $400-$600 is realistic in my budget.

Thanks!

Mid-July is when prices on Black Label suits will begin to approach your price range; however, as was noted earlier, the stores are carrying much less inventory (given the economic climate), so there might not be anything left.

If you absolutely need a suit, I am not sure that I would wait around. That said, if you're just holding out for a RLBL and have no particular need for a suit of that kind anytime soon, it can't hurt to wait.

btinl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pred02

Thanks!

You probably won't get a RLBL suit in that range during FnF sales.

southbound35

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MustangQB11
If you absolutely need a suit, I am not sure that I would wait around. That said, if you're just holding out for a RLBL and have no particular need for a suit of that kind anytime soon, it can't hurt to wait.
My thoughts exactly.

pred02

Reaction score
I think I'll pick up a classic midnight navy suit from TM Lewin at their current sale in my size, (I do not have any navy suits) and hold of on the RLBL until something comes along. I tried on the RL suit and its almost a perfect fit, as noted by many others before.

Thanks!

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is F&F the sale where they have 30% + another 15%, or is that the Private Sale?

I needs me some ties, SC's, and shirts.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads