1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ralph Lauren Rugby Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by NAMOR, Jul 28, 2011.

1. AWebb

AWebb Member

just ties and the single scarf. there was some nice cashmere PRL sweater vest for $75. they rarely have anything worth interest.

2. Amelorn

Amelorn Senior member

I am rather surprised to hear this. I thought the treasure-trove I saw in RL's Tung Chung outlet store in HK was the last hurrah.

I'll pop into NYC tomorrow and check out the Marshall's/TJ stores. When Rugby operated, Century 21 (mecca for upper-middle class bottom-feeding label whores in the NYC metro area) always carried Rugby a small assortment of rugby stuff. When I was in the Lincoln Center C21 this past Monday, I didn't see any. That inventory is reaching TJX corp stores and not C21 is...interesting.

3. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

full disclosure, i have only seen 1 item from rugby in the DC area in the past 2 years. then again i only venture into a tj maxx/marshalls 1 every few months

4. RRL CLOTHING

RRL CLOTHING Senior member

There's a lot of Rugby at TJ/Marshalls. They're still receiving more. I think they will get stuff for at least another 1-2 years. The stuff I'm seeing is still from 2011-2012.and some 2013. Since Rugby stayed afloat until SS'13, you can expect a lot more in the coming seasons.

Found some Rugby bags and wool sweaters January, but prices are $49-59. Most of that stuff goes to clearance after a few weeks anyway. Nobody cares for Rugby where I live.

5. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

Found these at Woodbury at the Children's Polo store

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  6. UltraMagnetical

UltraMagnetical Senior member

Does anyone know who makes the made in USA Rugby sport coats? How do they compare in fit and quality to the caruso made ones? Thanks.

7. mare

mare New Member

Hello!

Does anybody know where I can get some of these pieces? Have been looking for them some years now.

Backpack (don't know what it's called):

[​IMG]

Boathouse Bucket Hat:​

[​IMG]

Tribal Camp Cap:

[​IMG]

Help is very much appreciated!

Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
  8. kaneda

kaneda Active Member

9. operatenor

operatenor Member

Does anyone know where I can get the umbrella tie clip from Rugby Ralph Lauren???

10. md2010

md2010 Senior member

Crazy prices . I hope some rugby fans out there to pay that sort of money. Good luck with your auction .

11. kaneda

kaneda Active Member

Not much more than I paid for these new and that was a long time ago.

12. AXEWOUNDFISTER1

AXEWOUNDFISTER1 New Member

13. operatenor

operatenor Member

14. momanny

momanny Well-Known Member

Glad to see this thread is still around. Man, I miss Rugby.

15. md2010

md2010 Senior member

Unfortunately I only discovered rugby a year before it shout down . If only it would've stayed around for another year. Only off the rack brand fitted me without alterations. Unique classic styling every season hard to find alternative.

16. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

Fall 2014 Stadium Collection under blue label will have a lot of Rugby-esque pieces. Some of them are already out in stores now.

17. fwedo

fwedo Well-Known Member

True. And it seems that Polo Ralph Lauren line use a new label, also more Rugny-esque (blue and yellow). I don't know if the current one (blue and white) is going to disappear...

18. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

Even though Rugby is gone I think they still have retained some of the aesthetic or same designers and just make Rugby style pieces under the blue polo main line. Here are some that come to mind:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. BaronFizzwell

BaronFizzwell Well-Known Member

Quite a lot of the new Polo line, both for men and women, looks like it was borrowed from the Rugby line.

This could be related to Lee Norwood taking that aesthetic back from Rugby to the Polo line.

It's also present in the children's line - especially the tweed jackets and skull and crossbones motifs that have now trickled down to the clothing for the very young Ralph Lauren clad.

What's definitely missing from Polo, despite the similarities, are the uber eccentric details that made Rugby more interesting - as well as the Caruso made jackets and the cuts for leaner bodies.

Polo always seemed to me to have more generous waistlines.

This last winter's Polo line seemed like Rugby dumbed down for a middle management office worker, or even that most mocked demographic of 2014, the "basic bitch". Even their advertising, while attempting to chase the usual aspirational thing, seemed like it was borderline trolling. I mean, a couple of downtown trendy kids shopping for vinyl because it's so vintage and edgy? Surely only a bank teller or filing clerk would respond to that kind of imagery. And while I'm possibly more of the age group that RRL or Black Label is aimed at, I don't think that's why the Polo marketing doesn't have any appeal - especially since the Rugby advertisements spoke to me, despite me being much older than their target market. Something's amiss with the way Polo is being pitched.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2015
    1 person likes this.