• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ralph Lauren Rugby Thread

LBC Demon

Reaction score
Ugghh I waited too long to buy the 14 Wale Cord Pant in Green. Now they don't have my size. Tomorrow I'll call a store and see if they have them in my size. Or maybe I should call customer service instead?

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ugghh I waited too long to buy the 14 Wale Cord Pant in Green. Now they don't have my size. Tomorrow I'll call a store and see if they have them in my size. Or maybe I should call customer service instead? 

either one works.

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was looking to get few thing this morning. Left for few hours to have lunch. Came back home. All 4 items on my cart was sold out. Cricket blazer, sweater 2 corduroy pants. Anyway maybe I have just saved few hundreds. I hope they bring out a final spring collection.
BTW I have just received my first Caruso blazer. They fit right on the shoulder and length is good. But need the sides taken in. Damn nothing fits like a rugby blazer.

alexSF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rugby Caruso jackets have drop 10, standard Caruso Drop 7, it's clear that Rugby are slimmer, and unwearable for many people.

Last edited:

momanny

Reaction score
STUD13821
Also Just picked up a bunch of items, all sale items are now 50% off. I got the moto jacket for less than 300.
Order:
Leather Varsity Jacket
Schoolboy Cricket Jacket
ZigZag Fox Cardholder
Windowpane Tweed Tie
Heraldic Crest Tie
Varsity Cardigan
Total was 447... stole it all....

Tried to post before but I guess it didn't go through.

Thanks for this. I woke up at 5am to this thread and went in! Picked up quite a few pieces:

Reversible Trench Coat
Highbank Down Jacket
Hunting Sweater
Toggle Shawl Cardigan
Gothic ""R"" Varsity Jacket" [now sold out]
Cricket V-Neck Sweater
Fleece Hooded Varsity Jacket
Cotton Varsity Cardigan
"Large ""R"" Varsity Cardigan"
"Large ""R"" Varsity Cardigan"
Monogram Boatneck Sweater
Cricket V-Neck Sweater
Navy Burgundy O-Ring Belt
Red Navy O-Ring Belt

$898 shipped.

deez nuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dude... I am always posting what the deals are.. just scroll up... lol
I guess I didn't inherently mention it stacks, in the last post but go a page back we mentioned it
That cricket blazer ended up costing me 127 bucks...so sweet

haha i know you guys have stacked online, but i was at the store and forgot to use my student discount, called back and one of the SA's said no stacking so i got a little worried. but spoke to another and he said bring it back and they will adjust it.

has anyone seen that yellow felt indian head patch? really like it.

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I was looking to get few thing this morning. Left for few hours to have lunch. Came back home. All 4 items on my cart was sold out. Cricket blazer, sweater 2 corduroy pants. Anyway maybe I have just saved few hundreds. I hope they bring out a final spring collection.
BTW I have just received my first Caruso blazer. They fit right on the shoulder and length is good. But need the sides taken in. Damn nothing fits like a rugby blazer.

Rugby Caruso jackets have drop 10, standard Caruso Drop 7, it's clear that Rugby are slimmer, and unwearable for many people.

Where are you finding Caruso items still? Not from the store, or elsewhere?

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn Rugby sale looked amazing, missed everything :(

alexSF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Where are you finding Caruso items still? Not from the store, or elsewhere?

I was talking about old rugby caruso, the interior label said drop 10.
Probably also their own line made in china or elsewhere is made with the same sandard.

the standard of Caruso, Corneliani and many others is drop 7 today, sometime 8 but never 10 so it's clear the rugby jacket has unique fit difficult to find elsewhere.

Last edited:

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I was talking about old rugby caruso, the interior label said drop 10.
Probably also their own line made in china or elsewhere is made with the same sandard.
the standard of Caruso, Corneliani and many others is drop 7 today, sometime 8 but never 10 so it's clear the rugby jacket has unique fit difficult to find elsewhere.

Yeah I agree. I guess I'm wondering if their is still a store that sells Caruso suits, because I'd like to cop another one before Rugby goes bye bye

momanny

Reaction score
haha i know you guys have stacked online, but i was at the store and forgot to use my student discount, called back and one of the SA's said no stacking so i got a little worried. but spoke to another and he said bring it back and they will adjust it.
has anyone seen that yellow felt indian head patch? really like it.
Same thing happened to me. After i made my purchase online, I wanted to confirm if the store had the reversible trench in stock..i was thinking about ordering another for my cousin. I spoke to a rep who confirmed they had it but when I mentioned I had an additional coupon code, he said there was no way to stack. I asked him if he was sure. He said he we was absolutely positive. I thanked him for his diligent service and hung up. I proceeded to use the code and stack it to buy one more sweater online before going to the RL Rugby store.

I tried on the reversible trench. Wasn't very impressed. The sleeves were uber short..which was fine for me since I'm muscular and don't have long arms. The medium was a good fit but the material seems off...the site pics look better. But being at the store allowed me to see other pieces that I didn't think looked good online. Went home and added another $450 purchase to boot. $1.2k on RL Rugby today. Sheesh. And just like that I've gone through my holiday shopping funds.

LBC Demon

Reaction score
I had put the 14 Wale Cord Pants in my cart yesterday and they disappeared. Today they were back in so I checked out. Hopefully they get sent.

Last edited:

deez nuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Same thing happened to me. After i made my purchase online, I wanted to confirm if the store had the reversible trench in stock..i was thinking about ordering another for my cousin. I spoke to a rep who confirmed they had it but when I mentioned I had an additional coupon code, he said there was no way to stack. I asked him if he was sure. He said he we was absolutely positive. I thanked him for his diligent service and hung up. I proceeded to use the code and stack it to buy one more sweater online before going to the RL Rugby store.

I tried on the reversible trench. Wasn't very impressed. The sleeves were uber short..which was fine for me since I'm muscular and don't have long arms. The medium was a good fit but the material seems off...the site pics look better. But being at the store allowed me to see other pieces that I didn't think looked good online. Went home and added another $450 purchase to boot. $1.2k on RL Rugby today.  Sheesh. And just like that I've gone through my holiday shopping funds.

damn playa thats a lot of bread. but i'm sure you got your money's worth. with all the items that were already on sale eligible for an additional 50% off, there were alot of deals to be had. that yellow stadium jacket came out to around $75 from $198.

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

damn playa thats a lot of bread. but i'm sure you got your money's worth. with all the items that were already on sale eligible for an additional 50% off, there were alot of deals to be had. that yellow stadium jacket came out to around $75 from $198.

Yea I don't know if I'd spend that much at Rugby at this moment. There are going to be super deep discounts coming up in December/January. Most of their items arent even in the 'Sale' section right now, imagine if they were...

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads