1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ralph Lauren Rugby Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by NAMOR, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Saturdays

Saturdays Senior member

13.5 neck is an overstatement, its more of a 14.5, in PRL terms, its smaller than a Custom Fit Small.

Although I've yet to try ESL from BB, Rugby's XS sport shirts fit me snug. Dress shirts in 14.5 are a bit bigger to allow for proper dressing/tugging in.

2. md2010

md2010 Senior member

^^lol:rotflmao:

3. Blakout144

Blakout144 Member

Is anyone selling this rugby cricket shawl cardigan in a L
    im willing to pay atleast 200-300 for it
    [​IMG]

4. Blakout144

Blakout144 Member

also does anyone know any wtb/fs Ralph Lauren Polo/Rugby forums I'm really tryin to add that to my collection before they close all the rugby stores

5. Saturdays

Saturdays Senior member

this is the best forum for that, otherwise eBay and rugby.com is your friend.

6. Saturdays

Saturdays Senior member

i have that in an XS, its quite awesome.

7. Blakout144

Blakout144 Member

lol yea thats exactly y i want it and plus i know its something my friends wanted but it was too late when i went to the store. I just recently bought the varsity leather jacket and about 2 months ago i bought the patched cardigan which didnt even hit my store in my area , i think it was sold out before they even shipped to stores like that

8. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

how do you like the leather varsity jacket? hate that patch on it -__-

9. Blakout144

Blakout144 Member

its ok , havent worn it out yet im waitin to pull it out cuz my friends have the other varsity jacket

10. md2010

md2010 Senior member

I have received my 2 Newbury blazers (black and brown). The fitting is good. Looks half decent. Just it feels really rough to touch. They probably used really cheap wool.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
  11. Saturdays

Saturdays Senior member

Basically its like last year, two models were availale, one was a more delicate nicer herringbone, partially canvassed, made in italy, etc... The other was the one you quoted me in a pic wearing, rough working, made in china etc...I took it since it was a nice short coat to use as a layering piece, but not as an actual sport coat.

12. md2010

md2010 Senior member

Thanks for the clarifications. I will keep it. Use it for the rainy days. I mean it doesn’t look bad. But just really rough to touch. Rugby has 2 more wool blazers $500+ , I guess they are made with better wool.
    **There was a flannel rugby suit 36r on ebay last night for $179 did you buy it ? I didn’t bother biding on it. Since I know you will out bid me !!!!

13. Saturdays

Saturdays Senior member

No I have it already lol... and for some reason the lining in my flannel pinstripe suit is pretty damn awesome...but the other Made in USA suits from early seasons of the brand didn't have the lining in mine:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
  14. md2010

md2010 Senior member

Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  15. Blakout144

Blakout144 Member

doesnt seem like im goin to end up finding this any time soon

16. md2010

md2010 Senior member

Wearing my brown wool Newbury blazer today. The wool feel a bit better than the black one. And fitting is much better(it fits me like a MTM). The waist is much suppressed and has belted waist. The sleeves are a bit tighter as well. This is the thing with SC/blazers same brand same model but different fit on each colour/designs.

17. Blakout144

Blakout144 Member

im new here but i just wanted to share some of my collection
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. shadykay sf

shadykay sf Senior member

Received my Flannel Sport shirt and Shetland Crew Sweater.

Disappointed with the sport shirt, as it is far too long. Same issue with the dress shirt I purchased a few months back, the hem of the shirt was to my mid-thigh. The shirt fit well everywhere else (I'm 5'4 athletic build).

Loved the sweater though.

19. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

To be fair people of our stature should not expect OTR sport and dress shirts to fit us in length.

20. shadykay sf

shadykay sf Senior member

I suppose I could have gone to the tailors with them, but most of their other apparel fit me wonderfully. It was wrong of me to assume otherwise.