1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ralph Lauren Rugby Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by NAMOR, Jul 28, 2011.

1. momanny

momanny Well-Known Member

This. I lost my frigging mind shopping LEC's sales last winter.

2. OmniscientCause

OmniscientCause Senior member

Ive been in the store a few times and liked what I saw but cant remember the price range of things.

3. Saturdays

Saturdays Senior member

Add both to the list I guess, I love VV and I meant to include Gant by MB

Yeah, its important for me to continue looking dapper :)

Norman HIlton starts at what ever size you want, just call Nick and tell him you want it in 36, he'll make it for you if he has the resources/time. Usually pretty good about it. Other blazers that fit me like Rugby: depends on the brand/cut of brand. Milano at BB is pretty good, but requires some tailoring. RLBL is great. Paul Stuart in 36R (rare for me to find these and right, too expensive). Otherwise I haven't really ventured too far out..

Hackett isn't really much of a secret. But, a great brand, I agreee.

4. albeindc

albeindc Senior member

haha I guess it's not, just don't know of anyone else in my circle that knows about it.

5. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Rugger is opening a DC location, too. Not sure when.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
  6. vezatron

vezatron Senior member

Size up or true in Rugby surcingle belts?

7. Saturdays

Saturdays Senior member

Considering I just bought a surcingle in Sz 30, and it doesn't fit me (being a Sz 29 waist), I say Size up.

Although the leather belts I wear a Sz 28 and it wraps around just fine with about .5-1 inch of tail past buckle

So I'm returning my surcingle Sz 30 for a Sz 32, and I'm a Sz 29 Waist. Hope that helps.

8. md2010

md2010 Senior member

thanks for further info on a&w and jw. Hackett is available here in Sydney. They have nice jacket . Very nice fabric and traditional British styling. But the fit is way too big. For slim blazers(really slim) my list -
    ck calvin klein(ck grey label)
    PS by paul smith

9. vezatron

vezatron Senior member

It does, thanks

10. Berzerk91

Berzerk91 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the list Saturdays, had a feeling you'd come through! Just bought 2 more shawls from Rugby with the 20% off coupon.

11. Saturdays

Saturdays Senior member

Great to keep it up here's something else i ran into:

http://www.countryclubprep.com/shopby?manufacturer=30

coupon code UPREP20

I just linked to KJP items on that site, but there are a few other great things - mostly just accessories, the rest of the stuff is trash

http://tnuck.com/

I should've mentioned www.deltoroshoes.com for slippers as well, pretty decent stuff.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
  12. md2010

md2010 Senior member

Anyone with experience with jack wills ? Their blazers look nice and preppy. But I see comments like “ Oxbridge rejects”..
    Anyone own their blazers ? how is the fit compares to rugby stuffs ?

13. stevent

stevent Senior member

If you really like Rugby, eBay will always have a bit of stock, set up your saved searches and have it emailed

14. Saturdays

Saturdays Senior member

15. TomSg

TomSg New Member

I have just ordered some sweaters from them in Small size through your comments. As I am a small size (34/35 top) and 26-28(skinny) trousers this brand is apparently a good substitute to ... I don't know. (Because I don't wear to buy those small size :( - at Gant I buy XXL in Juniors, S slim fit at PRL and Large at PRL junior. [​IMG]

Now I have to wait for them.

16. albeindc

albeindc Senior member

damn, go to the gym or something and bulk up!

17. TomSg

TomSg New Member

Thanks for your genius advice. I have to admit that earning 4 size just through the gym is not really appealing for me.

18. md2010

md2010 Senior member

19. shadykay sf

shadykay sf Senior member

Wait a second, did they bump the price of the Shetland Shawl Cardigan??

69.99 to 99.99 today...

20. Saturdays

Saturdays Senior member

Odd, since the stock is low - seemed to have raised the price.. usually they lower the price when stock goes low...

I have never been able to get one in 36R for that price, and I've been lurking Rugby for quite some time. Also the elbow patches are a nice touch, as well as this one most likely having canvassing, if I remember the version of it correctly...but yeah.. some asshole bid on it at last second.. i panicked...

Also FYI the herringbone blazer on Rugby.com is not what the picture shows. Completely different, its very thick wool with patch pockets, site says its cotton/linen and the pic is not with patch pockets. I would avoid it unless that is what you were looking for.