Ralph Lauren Rugby Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by NAMOR, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Saturdays

Saturdays Senior member

I really hope this cardigan is included in fall/winter:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 2, 2012

2. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

i def wont be rocking a sweater if im getting in a kayak

3. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

unworthy of ivy wannabe steeze :p

Last edited: Aug 3, 2012

4. md2010

md2010 Senior member

I have received the navy tropical wool blazer. This blazer is made in Italy and I already have a made in china Newbury blazer. I can confirm the made in Italy blazer feels a bit slimmer.
    Also received a pair of new university chino……. still Made in SriLanka. I believe some members here were concerned that rugby makes their chinos in china now rather than SriLanks.

5. Saturdays

Saturdays Senior member

yup mine's made in sri lanka as well, and so were my older ones.. they definitely changed the fit though. my 30x32's from a year ago fit different than my 30x32 I bought this season

6. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

do they now fit baggier? it seems that way to me by looking at their pictures on the website.

7. Saturdays

Saturdays Senior member

Yeah they seem to. Last season's seems bigger behind the knee a little.

Honestly it's just a tad bigger, but a tad enough for me to notice.

My older ones honeycomb around the knee, the new ones will never be able to since they are a bit bigger.

8. md2010

md2010 Senior member

I just tried on the pair I have received today. I love the fit. 28x30 is a tricky size and these chinos fits really well. Only complaint is the waist size the w28 has 2 extra inches ..... which is a bit annoying. I will wear them at work with sports jacket so too skinny is not an option for me. My legs are like stick and skinny pants makes them stand out even more. Also the navy blazer is really thin. The way rugby packed the jacket there are some crease. How can I get rid of the creases?
    Overall rugby experience has been great for me. Great pricing when on sale. Nice slim fitting and classic prep styling. Thanks guys for this great informative thread !:D

Last edited: Aug 6, 2012

9. Saturdays

Saturdays Senior member

Sorry that you experienced creasing, I don't think my jacket did when I recieved it earlier this season.

My 28x30 pants defintely fit tighter than the current 28x30 ( I know its odd I wear both 28 and 30 its just a mood/preference thing)

My 28x30 GTH green/red chinos are very tight, those were from the same season as my khaki 30x32 which was a great fit. Compared to this season's blue 30x32 the khaki is tight. I noticed my blue chinos from this season also have a separate tag that says something along the lines of "Vintage Antique Slim" - my previous seasons ones do not.

10. md2010

md2010 Senior member

Today first time had a chance to properly try on the Navy tropical wool blazer. As I previously said the fit on this jacket is slimmer than my newbury silk lined (made in china) jacket.... in fact the fit is much much slimmer. I have no issue with the chest and waist. But the bloody shoulder is about 1/4 inch too shot on the either side. This is hardly noticeable when I look at the mirror but I can feel quite a bit restricted moving my arms around. Its a shame that the blazer fits so nicely other than the shoulder.Not worth returning from Australia. So yeah I will just wear it. Will it stretch over time or should I get a tailor to remove the padding? I also noticed there are padding around the armhole ! I feel that the shorter shoulder is due to the heavy padding. Below is a pic of the padding around armhole and strong shoulder padding that is sticking outside of the shoulder seam(is it normal?).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. photon

photon Active Member

For those that have followed previous last call sales, is there any chance prices on jackets will fall any further? I'm sooo tempted by the silk-linen jacket...

12. Saturdays

Saturdays Senior member

Dang, wish you read some of my posts earlier about the shoulder/armholes.

It worked out for me, fortunately. I don't know what a tailor would do to fix it, it seems invasive.

13. Saturdays

Saturdays Senior member

it's pretty cheap as is.. $269-25% off = $202 bucks..

Not too shabby for Rugby RL. Last Call literally means last chance and then most likely it gets sent to outlets

14. md2010

md2010 Senior member

Hi mate did you end up returning your jacket ?. I ran into the same problem. I am thinking of doing a bit of surgery and taking out a bit of padding form the shoulder. Due to the shoulder it also makes a bit of creasing behind the jacket collar. Funny enough when I button up the top button it actually feels/fits better. But I do look like a pimp );
    I am not a expert on blazer fit(only learning by reading form this forum). One of the members fit of the same jacket. Bellow is the picture… I can see a bit of crease of the lapels. When lapels don’t sit relaxed on the chest doest it means not so good fit ? When I wear mine with middle button done it does similar. And do you think if I let out a bit form the side seam of chest this problem will be resolved ?
    Sorry guys asking too many questions. I only started to learn about blazers not so long ago !
    [​IMG]

15. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

^ yes I ended up returning my jacket because the shoulder was just too narrow for me to keep.