Ralph Lauren Rugby Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by NAMOR, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Saturdays

Saturdays Senior member

Rugby has pretty slim coats - I don't think you should go for a XL - since the gap is usually big between sizes. Trench Coats are usually a little bigger - by a tiny amount - to allow for a jacket underneath. Pea Coats were pretty slim when I tried them on, I usually wear a 36 in jackets, the pea coat was a Small and it fit quite nice -with a sweater underneath

Not SF approved at all - I wish I had those skills/expertise to make haberdashery, I'd truly enjoy it. Maybe learning what I can with this side-thing may help me get in the business one day, but i have much more to learn in terms of retail and etc.. (not the math side, the business and objective side)

2. stevent

stevent Senior member

New stuff online put skulls back on the oxfords :slayer:

3. Saturdays

Saturdays Senior member

Yeah saw that earlier, glad they have that option as a default instead of a 'Create your own' - although I don't like to always wear skulls, there are those times when it just fits well

4. mmmmpay

mmmmpay Senior member

Can any one report on the sizing of Rugby cardigans? I'm looking at the elbow patch cardigan but they only have it in medium. I'm a small with Rugby shirts, but not by much. Does any one know whether the sweaters are generously proportioned, or should I be fine if not better off sizing up?

5. GQ1

GQ1 Senior member

They are slim fit and true to size. I wear Small in all Rugby shirts and the sweaters are sized accordingly.

6. Saturdays

Saturdays Senior member

I beg to differ. I have a Small Cardigan and wear everything small from Rugby. The sleeves are a tad bit longer than I hoped. I have to fold them up once, but in general it does seem a tad big.\

It may differ with certain cardigans too, mine is fleece, so maybe the wool ones aren't like that - can't be sure

Last edited: Dec 30, 2011

7. mmmmpay

mmmmpay Senior member

The over long sleeves occur for me on my J Crew wool sweaters as well. Personally I don't want the cardigan to be particularly snug--certainly not as snug as the shirts. Somewhere between snug and old man; the kind of thing I can take on and off with relative ease. But I guess if small existed I would order that first and exchange if necessary, not the other way around. I'm 5'8" 145, if that's anything. Any one with suggestions for comparably priced lambswool cardigans that I can order offline?

8. Saturdays

Saturdays Senior member

I say give it a shot, try a Small, we are comparable builds and it may possibly fit you well, if it doesn't RL has a very painlessly easy way to return/exchange items.

9. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

[​IMG]

10. Saturdays

Saturdays Senior member

Sale has been going on, i think the email was just a reminder

11. Cambel

Cambel Active Member

Anyone know if the fit on the classic navy blazer is comparable to their suits? I've had success with Rugby's 36R and their blazer looks solid.

12. Saturdays

Saturdays Senior member

Yes, it will be as slim and form fitting as the suits.

13. Philip

Philip Senior member

do those skull pants ever go on sale?

14. Saturdays

Saturdays Senior member

I have seen them go on sale once or twice. Its pretty rare they do though.

The non-chino ones always do, like the black cords w/ skulls, and the beige cords w/skulls - they havent had those offshoots for more than one season though - unlike the chino ones.

I would grab them the next time a 20-25% coupon drops.

15. zeezyo

zeezyo Active Member

Is Rugby done making oxfords without the skulls now? I went to the store in SF and they dont carry them anymore. Im pretty bummed. I think they look better without the skulls.

I am looking for a pink in a size small if anyone has one! or if someone wants to remove the skull off the ones they have now and sell it to me, that would be great :) I'll pay for the tailoring