1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ralph Lauren Rugby Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by NAMOR, Jul 28, 2011.

1. jt2gt

jt2gt Senior member

Anyone know how the belts run size wise. They are sized -- Small, medium and large, but can't pull up what those sizes translate too. Thanks...JT

2. osadolor619

osadolor619 Senior member

NAMIZZLE, I looked at the striped jeans on the website and they look fuckin sick, they don't have my size though and neither does San Francisco. Gonna call east coast maƱana.

3. WFU_guy

WFU_guy Well-Known Member

When I was a small in J. Crew, Rugby small fitted pretty well. The stuff I got are a bit slimmer than J. Crew from my experience.

But ditto to it being a good value...I scored a wool pea coat for $40.00 at the outlet this past winter, and flannels for $8.00. If you live by an a Polo outlet, I would check there first, they usually have a decent supply of rugby clothing along with any discounted mainline retail stuff.

4. tomee

tomee Senior member

i got it shipped to a forwarding agent

5. Amelorn

Amelorn Senior member

Rugby.com didn't stock the shirt I ordered at the time. (sun washed oxford, pink with subtle yellow stripes) The shirt came and I am very pleased with the ft and quality. I ordered a medium (normally what I wear). The fabric is great. It's thick, yet is soft and breathes. The fit is quite tailored, but not excessively so. I also received a 20% coupon.

6. DG sdm

DG sdm New Member

7. malcolm4819

malcolm4819 Senior member

Yes I wear a small, I'm 5 10 145lbs broad shoulders and they fit me perfect. You should be fine. Unrelated note, I own a couple of buttonups and sweaters from them I think they are good for the price. Especially after the student discount. I consider them on the same par as JCrew, BBros and etc...just another place you can get your basics for cheap and better quality then most (or other) mall brands (around the same price).

Last edited: Aug 3, 2011
  8. WFU_guy

WFU_guy Well-Known Member

Personally, I find certain items from Rugby better than J. Crew (and this is coming from a former J. Crew employee). For example, the Rugby flannels are thicker, made with better buttons, and usually priced equally or cheaper than J. Crew. I also prefer the fit of the Rugby's, but that's subjective. I got a pea coat from the Polo outlet for $50.00 and I will say that it was made with heavier and higher quality wool than J. Crew's pea coats. I also notice Rugby's outerwear went on a deeper discount than J. Crew last year.

I like J. Crew's secret wash shirt though and broken-in shorts though. I buy their shorts whenever I find them on some discount.

My biggest gripe about J. Crew is their horrible return policy on sale items. They final sale the heck out of anything on discount.

9. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

So they fit slimmer than say Polo Custom Fit?

10. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

just slightly, but yes. not small enough to upsize

11. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

received my order today. What I purchased:

The Cotton Metal-Button Workshirt in red, blue, and gray. Shirt look identical to several RRL shirts that I own. Fit is identical which happens to be a full cut. Common for a "work-shirt." Primary difference is the weight of the fabric. The rugby shirt is really lightweight. When you consider that its a "work-shirt" the fabric is too thin, imo. Good buy at $40. Also, the website advertises it as having metal buttons but only the gray shirt has metal buttons. Red and blue shirts have plastic buttons. Measurements (LARGE):

Chest: 23.5
    Shoulder: 18
    Length: 29
    Sleeve Length: 25.5

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 6, 2011
  12. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

The railroad striped jeans are awesome. I have bigger thighs and these fit great from the waist down to the ankle. Its a soft, substantial jean fabric that is comfortable out of the box. I was a bit weary buying stripped jeans but after mixing them up with a BoO button-up and a pair of white bucks, they looked great

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Measurements (34):

Waist: 17.75
    Thigh: 13

Last edited: Aug 6, 2011
  13. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

I also purchased a blue chambray rounded-collar dress shirt tagged 16. This fits slightly slimmer than the custom fit offered by Polo RL. Unlike the workshirts, this is real chambray shirt. Fabric is thick as hell. If I keep it, I would only be able to wear it in the winter; too hot for summer. Measurements:

[​IMG]

Measurements (16):

Chest: 22.5
    Sleeve: 26

Last but not least, picked up a striped university oxford. Nice shirt, not as nice as RRL. biggest difference is the fabric. Thats probably going to be a re-occurring theme; looks like RRL, craftsmanship is similar, but the Rugby fabric is less substantial.

Measurements (L):

Chest: 22.5

I few members pm'ed me for measurements. Hopefully this answers some of your questions. If you need any other measurements, pm. Or you might me better off ordering straight from rugby. Its free shipping after you buy a few shirts and return shipping is free as well.

14. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

nice, but I still probably wouldn't buy stripped jeans, in my opinion, rather limited use.

15. Wes Bourne

Wes Bourne Senior member

Nice shirt. I thought Rugby only offered S/M/L/XL sport shirt sizing. Might have to look into that one. Is it available online or was that an in-store purchase? (As someone mentioned, their website is so slooooooow to load, perhaps even slower than the new SF!)

16. stevent

stevent Senior member

They have two types of fabric. If you buy the sale stuff now your fabric is thinner. If you buy winter sale time, it'll be thicker fabric.

17. bl@ster

bl@ster Senior member

Is that chambray still for sale? Looks nice but I can't find it on the ass slow Rugby site...

Last edited: Aug 7, 2011
  18. tomee

tomee Senior member

i want to purchase some shirts, how is the fit like?
    i see they dont have listings for different fits like RL ie. custom, classic, slim.

are they all classic fit?

19. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

20. tomee

tomee Senior member