Ralph Lauren Purple Label Style

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by atroopan, Dec 2, 2007.

1. fusherino

fusherino Senior member

yea all he showed on the runway for this fall winter was grey/black suits, no? i loved the glen plaid tweedy suits from last year. altho the belted back was unfortunate.

2. metkirk

metkirk Senior member

RLPL looks very nice but it's probably very restrictive if the clothes actually fit that close. I think for a trim fit look the chest of the shirt should be about 3 inches larger than your chest size, the waist size can be tighter, maybe 2 inches of extra fabric like most of my MTM shirts.

3. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

They don't fit that close at all. I have to have all my RLPL shirts taken in ALOT to fit correctly.

4. fusherino

fusherino Senior member

5. stickonatree

stickonatree Senior member

i think those models, when trying to move, must do so very carefully.

6. Joel_Cairo

Joel_Cairo Senior member

They don't fit that close at all. I have to have all my RLPL shirts taken in ALOT to fit correctly.
    But that really isn't surprising, given your drop-11 torso. Anything that would fit your upper-body is going to have to be tapered like whoa to fit your waist. Most Ralph Lauren models would run in fear and/or quiver with giddy gay-boy glee at the sight of your build. EDIT: (no homo, you burly hunka burnin love)

7. fusherino

fusherino Senior member

interesting, i didnt know "no homo" had made its way to the style forum community.

8. horndog

horndog Senior member

"no homo" is blowin' up.

9. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

+1 and I don't have an 11-drop.

Jon.

10. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

I once tried on some RLPL and it had an horrible fit. It looked nothing like what the website attempts to depict, even when pinned by a tailor.

I agree. Everything looks very nice on the website which entices me to get the cc out but after I recieve it, I end up returning nearly everything, due to fit. (or lack of)

11. Cantabrigian

Cantabrigian Senior member

RLPL looks very nice but it's probably very restrictive if the clothes actually fit that close. I think for a trim fit look the chest of the shirt should be about 3 inches larger than your chest size, the waist size can be tighter, maybe 2 inches of extra fabric like most of my MTM shirts.
    That sounds about right.

12. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

One model in the middle looks like the young guy from Criminal Minds...Dr whatever ,the genius...Same jumper ,super geek outfit...

13. RJman

RJman Posse Member Dubiously Honored

interesting, i didnt know "no homo" had made its way to the style forum community.
    "no homo" is blowin' up.
    We prefer "no soy gay."
    One model in the middle looks like the young guy from Criminal Minds...Dr whatever ,the genius...Same jumper ,super geek outfit...
    Lasbar, I've been meaning to say this for a while. What are you smoking and where can I get some? It's like you're on some mellow franco-mescaline high, your writing is like the liner notes to a loopy early Air song...

14. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

You do know my dear Rjman that somebody having breton and Basque ancestors and genes ,living in England after being raised in Paris has not been engineered by mother nature for being anything else than a raving loony...

Loius-Ferdinand Celine would have been proud of him...

15. tiecollector

tiecollector Senior member

I agree. Everything looks very nice on the website which entices me to get the cc out but after I recieve it, I end up returning nearly everything, due to fit. (or lack of)

I usually tailor everything now no matter what so it isn't too big of a deal I guess, though still annoying when it doesn't even seem close. I just bought a rugby and the medium is quite large even for custom fit, I figure I'll take it in on the sides myself on a rainy day. Annoying thing about polos is the split V at the bottom of the seam, reconstructing those is a pain and hard work on my petty sewing machine.

Even the small will still need the same alterations I reckon. Still debating whether to return it but I might as well keep it for shits and giggles.