Ralph Lauren Private Sale

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Ambulance Chaser, May 16, 2006.

1. oscarthewild

oscarthewild Senior member

.... and a model the name of which I have already forgotten (only had one there, had been mtm for someone) in a sort of reddish brown (888), which is easily my fav of the three.

Pictures please!!

2. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

Grant 888 (btw, aka Edward Green Oundle)
    [​IMG]
    Image courtesy of Sky Valet

Size 10.5 remaining at the Rhinelinder Mansion
    The RLPL has a floating medallion, and a nice one at that...all sold out in my size.
    This is actually my grail shoe. Especially on the 888, since it fits my foot so well.

"I love a light rotation"

Wow, that is sleek. Must be gorgeous with the medallion on it.

3. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

The Grant is on the 888; the Carter (3-eyelet Dover) is on the 89. I have seen both at the Mansion. You can also look at aportnoy's pic on page 5 -- Mackay vs. Grant.
    Thanks for the clarification. The 888 last is a great fit for my foot, the 89 last not so much.

Why aren't the Grant and Carter models at Chevy Chase? It's supposed to be a flagship Polo store! [​IMG]

4. Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman Senior member

Congrats!

The devil wears Edward Green, not Prada.

Andrew, this needs to be your signature!

Seriously, your pictures definitely inspired me - picked up the Grant in burnt pine and the Mackay in black. (They were out of the Mackay in dark oak in my size.) As good as pics are, there's really no substitute for seeing these beauties in person. The finishing and attention to detail are just incredible.

I would have loved to have added the Carter but, alas, it was not available in my size. Is there still time for me to sell my soul before the next trunk show?

5. aportnoy

aportnoy Senior member Dubiously Honored

Andrew, this needs to be your signature!

Seriously, your pictures definitely inspired me - picked up the Grant in burnt pine and the Mackay in black. (They were out of the Mackay in dark oak in my size.) As good as pics are, there's really no substitute for seeing these beauties in person. The finishing and attention to detail are just incredible.

I would have loved to have added the Carter but, alas, it was not available in my size. Is there still time for me to sell my soul before the next trunk show?

Congrats on your additions PB, excellent choices all! The Grant is my new favorite shoe.[​IMG]

Yes, I think I see a Carter in your futrue and it ain't Jimmy.

Look down....

6. Waltar

Waltar Well-Known Member

Will this also be for outlets?

7. gehrig

gehrig Well-Known Member

Pictures please!!

Sadly I don't own a camera. I do have the one on my cell phone, but its quality isn't very good. Let me know if low res shots are ok (probably won't do the shoes justice).

Ok...gonna grab the dark oak Mackey online tomorrow provided that the 40/15 kicks in. Think it'd be a good idea to get 10.5/D and 11/D and return the one that fits less well in store? Is the polo store cool with returns even during sales?

8. oscarthewild

oscarthewild Senior member

Sadly I don't own a camera. I do have the one on my cell phone, but its quality isn't very good. Let me know if low res shots are ok (probably won't do the shoes justice).

Ok...gonna grab the dark oak Mackey online tomorrow provided that the 40/15 kicks in. Think it'd be a good idea to get 10.5/D and 11/D and return the one that fits less well in store? Is the polo store cool with returns even during sales?

Low res is great.

You may want to wait till the sale is over to return. It gets a little chaotic with all those lunatics calling about shoes from all over. [​IMG]

9. aportnoy

Returns are a non-issue...The devil wears Edward Green, not Prada

10. von Rothbart

von Rothbart Senior member

Before you return the pair that doesn't fit well, offer them first to SF members at cost, many of whom don't have that kind of access to shoes we find in NY.

11. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

Don't return the pair that doesn't fit. Exchange it for the Mackay in Edwardian. [​IMG]

12. scnupe7

scnupe7 Senior member

Don't return the pair that doesn't fit. Exchange it for the Mackay in Edwardian. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. aportnoy

[​IMG]

Or better yet..exchange a pair of Barkesdale loafers from last years sale for a full price pair of Grants.[​IMG]

14. alflauren

alflauren Senior member

Two thoughts:

1) At what point is this no longer a "Ralph Lauren Private Sale?" [​IMG]

2) What polishes and/or creams do you guys use on Edwardian shoes?

15. aportnoy

Two thoughts:

1) At what point is this no longer a "Ralph Lauren Private Sale." [​IMG]

2) What polishes and/or creams do guys use on Edwardian shoes?

1) We crossed that bridge about a week ago.

2) Saphir medium brown wax polish