1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ralph Lauren Private Sale

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Ambulance Chaser, May 16, 2006.

1. hopkins_student

hopkins_student Senior member

I haven't had the opportunity to look at the entire thread...will the 40% + 15% on the Mackay work at RL stores, say the one in Beverly Hills? My plan is to go to RL tomorrow and find my size. I won't get there until about 7:00. If they have my size in black I will purchase them at BH, but if they don't have them I'm going to get them online. What do you guess the chances are of the 9.5-10.5D ranges (I'm going to be one of those) being available at 8PM pacific tomorrow? Thanks for your help.

Forgive me if that was choppy and didn't make much sense, I'm multi-tasking.

2. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

I haven't had the opportunity to look at the entire thread...will the 40% + 15% on the Mackay work at RL stores, say the one in Beverly Hills? My plan is to go to RL tomorrow and find my size. I won't get there until about 7:00. If they have my size in black I will purchase them at BH, but if they don't have them I'm going to get them online. What do you guess the chances are of the 9.5-10.5D ranges (I'm going to be one of those) being available at 8PM pacific tomorrow?

Not good, I fear, though black will probably be easier to find than brown.
    A manager at the Polo Mansion told me today that the company didn't reorder the Mackay for fall and has sold through much of the stock. Most of the remainders have been sent to NYC. They've been selling briskly there, too, he said. (I believe the Mansion started offering the extra 15 percent off today, though I could be wrong.)

One good sign: All the sizes you're looking for are still available in black on the Web site. But I'm not sure I'd wait until 8 p.m. Pacific to order.

3. hopkins_student

hopkins_student Senior member

Not good, I fear, though black will probably be easier to find than brown.
    A manager at the Polo Mansion told me today that the company didn't reorder the Mackay for fall and has sold through much of the stock. Most of the remainders have been sent to NYC. They've been selling briskly there, too, he said. (I believe the Mansion started offering the extra 15 percent off today, though I could be wrong.)

One good sign: All the sizes you're looking for are still available in black on the Web site. But I'm not sure I'd wait until 8 p.m. Pacific to order.

If they're sold out of my size in the store will they have the capability to purchase off the internet at the store?

4. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

If they're sold out of my size in the store will they have the capability to purchase off the internet at the store?
    I think they can only order from other stores.

5. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Senior member

I think they can only order from other stores.

I thought it was the internet that was going to order from the other stores. In other words, if the stores can't find them, the internet probably won't, either.

We'll see how it goes tonight. Planning on staying up to see if the sale starts at midnight....

6. alflauren

alflauren Senior member

Now I know what it feels like for those people who wait in line outside of stores on the Friday morning after Thanksgiving. Except I'm at home. Suckers!

7. brass4321

brass4321 Active Member

Anyone know if the Mansion or other NYC stores carry the black skull & crossbones umbrella?

8. Mr. Checks

Mr. Checks Senior member

Tried to do the code through the Polo site, and got this message:

Your order does not meet the requirements for this promotion. Please proceed through the checkout process with your order.

MacKays full price. Anyone know what's up?

9. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Your order does not meet the requirements for this promotion. Please proceed through the checkout process with your order.

The 15% seem to apply to almost all RLPL products (not on the shoes)... however none of them is on sale (-40%) yet... so the full discount is 15%... strange [​IMG]

10. coachvu

coachvu Senior member

I got the same problem. I also tried it with various items to see if some were excluded. Maybe we have to wait until morning?

11. Mr. Checks

Mr. Checks Senior member

Coach: I don't think so. It acknowledged the code only after midnight, but added that message. I tried it at 11:40 and it didn't acknowledge the code.

12. gdl203

I got the same problem. I also tried it with various items to see if some were excluded. Maybe we have to wait until morning?

It definitely works on all items currently on sale on the site. The issue is that there's nothing new on sale...

It also works on pretty much all RLPL garments I placed in my basket.

13. coachvu

coachvu Senior member

It definitely works on all items currently on sale on the site. The issue is that there's nothing new on sale...

It also works on pretty much all RLPL garments I placed in my basket.

I see. I didn't realize it only applied to sale items.

14. gdl203

I see. I didn't realize it only applied to sale items.

Well that's the puzzling part : it also applies to RLPL clothes... which are not on sale... [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. darkoak

darkoak Senior member

Well that's the puzzling part : it also applies to RLPL clothes... which are not on sale... [​IMG] [​IMG]

16. gdl203

The 15% seem to apply to almost all RLPL products (not on the shoes)...

17. pkincy

pkincy Senior member

I can't get either the MAY18 code or the 40% off to work. May not be turned on completely yet.

They are just waiting for us to finish watching the DAL SA game.

Perry

18. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

Stupid wide foot. They only have the purple lable shoes in a D width and I normally take an E width. Any suggestions? What do guys with wider feet do? Would it make sense to get an 11.5 instead of an 11, or would these just be too long without being any wider?

19. wttm

wttm Senior member

Dang, they don't ship outside of US.
    Anybody down there kind enough to help out a member from the north>?

20. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

Woo hoo, look what's up!