Ralph Lauren Private Sale

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Ambulance Chaser, May 16, 2006.

1. bryce330

bryce330 Senior member

Thanks AC

2. scnupe7

scnupe7 Senior member

i) Don't know -- give the store a call
    ii) Yes -- both Edwardian and Dark Oak. Not sure if they carry black, but you wouldn't want the Mackay in black anyways.

They don't carry black. A couple of the salesman were amazed by my black Mackays that I bought online when I returned them to the store.

3. CaptChaos

CaptChaos Senior member

Does anyone know if they carry the Camden Monk at the Polo Mansion store here in NYC in size 7.5D. I am thinking of ordering them online and exchanging them for a smaller size at the store.

I just called the Mansion looking for the MacKays in Edwardian 7.5D and they didn't have any. I asked for any Purple Label in 7.5 and was told they had one of the tassel loafers (I think it was the Addison) and the Camden Monk.

If you want it, you'd better call or get there quickly.

4. El Guerrouj

El Guerrouj Well-Known Member

C,

Why wouldn't one want the Mackay in black (brogueing not noticeable)? If I couldn't get it in dark oak, I was going to opt for the black.

Thanks.

ii) Yes -- both Edwardian and Dark Oak. Not sure if they carry black, but you wouldn't want the Mackay in black anyways.

5. bry2000

bry2000 Senior member

I recommend the Mackays in black. It is a great business shoe.

6. Ed355

Ed355 Senior member

I just called the Mansion looking for the MacKays in Edwardian 7.5D and they didn't have any. I asked for any Purple Label in 7.5 and was told they had one of the tassel loafers (I think it was the Addison) and the Camden Monk.

If you want it, you'd better call or get there quickly.

I just got back from the Mansion and bought a pair of Mackay (Edwardian) and a style with a side buckle and a punched front. Don't know the style name. More importantly, while I was there, someone bought a pair of Mackay in size 7.5, so I think whoever told you that they didn't have any may not have checked thoroughly.

I got the 40% plus 15% discount.

7. El Guerrouj

oh no! UK 7.5?

could you please post a pic of your Edwardian Mackays when you get the chance? http://new.styleforum.net//images/smilies/smile.gif
    [​IMG]

thanks!

I just got back from the Mansion and bought a pair of Mackay (Edwardian) and a style with a side buckle and a punched front. Don't know the style name. More importantly, while I was there, someone bought a pair of Mackay in size 7.5, so I think whoever told you that they didn't have any may not have checked thoroughly.

8. aportnoy

aportnoy Senior member Dubiously Honored

Excellent work!! The monk strap that you got is called Grant and it's in burnt pine and looks just like this (mine)[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. aportnoy

10. CaptChaos

CaptChaos Senior member

Were they in Edwardian? You guys in NY get easy access to all these great shoes. [​IMG]

11. El Guerrouj

awesome aportnoy!

tough call between the dark oak and edwardian. hmm, dark oak better for a business shoe?

Here are mine....

[​IMG]

12. aportnoy

awesome aportnoy!

tough call between the dark oak and edwardian. hmm, dark oak better for a business shoe?

Thanks, much appreciated!

It depends. I think they work equally well, just with different combinations. For summer, edwardian is quite nice.

13. aportnoy

Were they in Edwardian? You guys in NY get easy access to all these great shoes. [​IMG]

That's why our taxes are so freakin' high.[​IMG]

edit: spell much?

14. JBZ

JBZ Senior member

That's why are taxes are so freakin' high.[​IMG]

Talk to Todd about this. I think he can work something out...

15. von Rothbart

von Rothbart Senior member

awesome aportnoy!

The Edwardian is stunning to pair with navy pinstrips.