• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ralph Lauren Polo - Slim Custom Fit

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love the custom fits, if anyone has a small would they be able to measure the chest and waist/upper waist for me? If it's not too much bother, I'm looking to get one but I am extremely tiny, so I gotta be cautious.

854ca

Reaction score
Xeno, I think they might be a bit long for your liking. I'm 5'9" and the end of the shirt hits about an inch past my belt. I'll measure later.

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gqreader239
885-445-8745 hit me up so we can match sometime. navy blue, ecru, white

What?

lynchpatrickj

Reaction score
The measurements for the child's L size RL S/S polo is pretty much the same as the S Slim Custom fit. You can get a decent-looking polo for around $20 if you shop for it and have no shame.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find the sleeves to be too small for that and I would feel like a douche wearing them. The medium fits me great on the body but the sleeves are tight. My friend has one the same size in medium and he's worn it for a while. After washing the sleeves shrunk and are tight on him.

For reference he is 5'8" 150 lbs and I'm 6' 175 lbs. I ended up buying a large. I haven't worn or washed it yet. I plan on shrinking it before I wear it.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by XenoX101
I love the custom fits, if anyone has a small would they be able to measure the chest and waist/upper waist for me? If it's not too much bother, I'm looking to get one but I am extremely tiny, so I gotta be cautious.
pit to pit ~18.5" pit to hem ~17" hem width ~17.5" I have a pretty small chest ~34", and, uhm, it's okay. I dunno it has a nice slimness to it at first glance, it isn't obvious how much room I have unless I lift up my arms and then it's like oh hey you've got a few inches there. It's not probably not small enough for you, American Apparel small polo is a fair bit slimmer... Armholes of the polo one seem like a better cut though, the AA polo arms are weird :\\ It's a REALLY nice cut... Which is why it works okay even being a tad large... They just need to make it in an XS! My perfect polo haha... Ralph Lauren Custom S length Ralph Lauren Custom S sleeves Ralph Lauren fabric American Apparel S chest

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I usually wear a large in the classic fit polos but while the length and sleeves are fine, it's too big in the middle. Would a L in the slim fit be too short for me? Can someone post measurements?

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Listi
pit to pit ~18.5"
pit to hem ~17"
hem width ~17.5"

I have a pretty small chest ~34", and, uhm, it's okay. I dunno it has a nice slimness to it at first glance, it isn't obvious how much room I have unless I lift up my arms and then it's like oh hey you've got a few inches there.

It's not probably not small enough for you, American Apparel small polo is a fair bit slimmer... Armholes of the polo one seem like a better cut though, the AA polo arms are weird :\\

It's a REALLY nice cut... Which is why it works okay even being a tad large... They just need to make it in an XS! My perfect polo haha...

Ralph Lauren Custom S length
Ralph Lauren Custom S sleeves
Ralph Lauren fabric
American Apparel S chest

Thanks heaps, yeah it is a really nice cut. If it helps, I've found Lacoste kids to be pretty nicely sized and Lacoste have some seriously nice colours to choose from.

reilly.jake

Reaction score
Can't stand the tennis tail... it's 1.5 inches too long. Dunno why polo makes their tail to long. Very unattractive when its not tucked in.

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ The same thing bothers me too.

I have one custom fit and it looks good, but I've been trying to shy away from the overly visible polo branding. This weekend, I happened upon a huge outlet mall in the Poconos with a Ralph Lauren Polo store. Custom fits were $35, and I had to forcibly restrain myself from buying one. I figure if I'm going to invest in a polo, I might as well search out a decent price on a Fred Perry. At least I would be proud to display that logo.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Best fitting polos I have seen for a very reasonable price.

js4design

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by XenoX101
Thanks heaps, yeah it is a really nice cut. If it helps, I've found Lacoste kids to be pretty nicely sized and Lacoste have some seriously nice colours to choose from.

sorry for the bump, but yeah i'm 5'8 and 140 and i get the lacoste kids 16 for retail 2/3 the price of the adult sizes. and i checked last night, the lacoste website now has online shopping and alot of solid color kids polos are ~$30. fyi wash cold and hang dry or they will shrink.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads