• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ralph Lauren Polo, Authentic or Fake?

Sesner

Reaction score
Hello all, I usually buy my RL polos at the official stores but at times I also like visiting the consignment stores in San Francisco. I recently bought a green polo at one of these stores and now I am doubting its authenticity... The tags on this one are different than on my authentic polos and I was wondering if these tags are an older version or variant...thanks

pdial

Reaction score
I think the tags vary slightly depending on which country they are made in.

Sesner

Reaction score
thanks for the quick replies guys, i feel a bit more comfortable not having to return it now ha, any other opinions?

Material Boy

Reaction score
How much did you get this polo shirt for?

The best place for you to purchase RL polo shirts is SF Union Square Macys! On July 10 & 11, Macys will have a "one" day sale, some of these Polo might go down to $19.99. If I have to guess, you paid more for your polo shirt.

Sesner

Reaction score
I bought it at a consignment store for 20 bucks thats why its kinda sketch :/, the "custom fit" tag is defintely different but the quality of the shirt is on point.

Material Boy

Reaction score
Stick with Macys, then you won't have to wonder whether the shirt is authentic or fake. Go to Macys on Friday and you should like what you see in terms of price.

I have my doubts on the "CUSTOM FIT" label, but then again, that can be attributed to the way the picture was taken.

Sesner

Reaction score
well this is what my authentic looks like link: http://tinypic.com/r/xasxgj/5 notice the horizontal S as opposed to the vertical and the custom fit tag, hopefully somebody can give me confirmation that its either an authentic variant or a fake lol

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
eh whats the big deal you paid $20 for a polo shirt who cares if its real or fake

ZON_JR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I guess the OP does. He might not enjoy wearing a fake regardless of how cheap it was.

TomW

Reaction score
it's an early custom fit... and before that they were called slim fit with the same 'locker loop' label. I have a half dozen or so, sourced from Polo, Bloomingdale's and Macy's

Taken Aback

Reaction score
I looked for a thread about RL fakes, and so here we go...

I got this in a thrift shop bag sale once. It doesn't have a blue label, but the smaller tag has a RN number (RN 22776):

I wondered if the blue label were removed (not impossible when looking at this particular design), and/or if the smaller label is easily identifiable as fake.

GiltEdge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Taken Aback
I looked for a thread about RL fakes, and so here we go...

I got this in a thrift shop bag sale once. It doesn't have a blue label, but the smaller tag has a RN number (RN 22776):

I wondered if the blue label were removed (not impossible when looking at this particular design), and/or if the smaller label is easily identifiable as fake.

How do you know it was even a RL once?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads