• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ralph Lauren Outlets

BamaHater

Reaction score
Was at the San Marcos outlet yesterday and let me tell you the RL all had junk. Nothing good whatsoever. My question is do outlet stores only carry BL and PL at certain times. My impression was the San Marcos outlet carried the higher end stuff. Well at least that what a rep with Rl told me. Needless to it was all cheap made for outlet merch, Lauren suits, and they did have few funky green cashmere sweaters in big sizes.

Matt S

Reaction score
Most of the outlets have mostly made-for-outlet clothes. Occasionally I'll find a couple Polo suits, trousers or sports coats, and even less BL or PL. Woodbury Common has an outlet specifically for BL and PL.

BamaHater

Reaction score
Well I was dissapointed. O well I guess you can't get lucky all the time.

Foxtrot

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Matt S
Most of the outlets have mostly made-for-outlet clothes. Occasionally I'll find a couple Polo suits, trousers or sports coats, and even less BL or PL. Woodbury Common has an outlet specifically for BL and PL.

I didn't realize RL had made-for-outlet clothes. How do you identify them?

btinl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Outlets are really hit or miss. The RL or PL items are placed on PSR (past season retail) racks and are usually 50-75% off the sticker price. Recently, outlets have had zero PSR items.

BamaHater

Reaction score
Well the outlet did have a few pair of orphened Polo suit pants, the cashmere sweaters(most had part of the tags ripped out and some had holes).

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The outlet near here carries mostly made-for-outlet clothing. I've never seen RL better goods there.

Vintage Gent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've usually had pretty decent luck with the San Marcos outlet. Every time I've been there, I've always found at least a couple of rounders with the RLPL, black label and made in Italy Polo stuff.

If the Polo outlets are devoid of any higher end stuff right now, I find that a bit strange. Virtually every Marshalls or TJ Maxx I've been in lately has more of Ralph's goodies than I've seen in a long time. Even a fair amount of Purple Label stuff.

Milpool

Reaction score
I also find that the outlets are really hit or miss, with long periods of miss.

Another thing I've noticed is that Sierra Trading Post doesn't seem to have much stock right now.

Is this a trend due to the economy?

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
we're kind of in-between sales seasons. wait till the mainline s/s stuff starts going on last call/to the outlets
teacha.gif

stu00a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was at Ontario Mills RL outlets.
Last time I was there, I saw plenty of PRL suits, sportcoats, cashmere sweaters, trousers(made in italy) stuffs, but today it was miss.
Saw 2 pants, only huge sizes 40 waist etc.
I really realized that outlet is hit or miss.

DesignerValet

Reaction score
I don't see much (if any) RLBL, but they usually have a healthy dose of RLPL and RLX at the Vacaville location. The made-for-outlets stuff generally looks okay for sportswear, but fits like ****
frown.gif

Weirdest find was a lone RRL henley in just about the worst RL outlet I've ever seen among a rack of discounted, made-for-outlet shirts.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
last few times I've been there its just a barrage of green label stuff, and the only stuff worth buying are staple stuff like polos and shorts and they're not that cheap either, and it'd be easier for you to just buy them online.

txeconomist

Reaction score
BamaHater,

I have had much better luck at the outlet in Round Rock. I have seen a lot of purple, black, and mainline blue label there.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads