• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ralph Lauren MTM Suits?

ReL

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has experience getting this service because I was thingking of purchasing a MTM suit from them at the Beverly Hills location. Thanks.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Ive used them on several occassions and found the service, final product and price during the MTM events to be great, especially considering I live in Atlanta (not exactly the suit hub of the eastern US). I say go for at least one garment, the selection is not overwhelming but adequate for a run of the mill MTM program.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do they do it for Polo too or just PL?

LARon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've had three horrible experiences with the BH store. The third one broke the camel's back -- I don't bother with RL any more (and I was a big fan of their MTM).

The first time was about two years ago. I ordered two suits during the fall trunk show, and selected my preferred jacket style (single/peaks). About six weeks later I received a call telling me that one of the fabrics was no longer available. I was further advised that the ticket pocket customarily affixed to their single/peak suits could not be eliminated (I happen not to like ticket pockets, and had been told I could leave it off). So, here I am three weeks from my scheduled delivery date being told that one of the fabrics is unavailable and that I can't have the jacket of my choosing. In other words, its not really MTM because I can't get what I want, only what they have. Needless to say, I bowed out and wrote a letter of complaint.

Nevertheless, I went back for the spring trunk show and ordered a three button single breasted navy bead stripe w/vest. What was delivered was a charcoal, not navy, suit. Even my salesman was embarassed and told me they this was not the first time he had seen swatches and color codes get mixed up. I passed on that one as well.

Finally, I went back last fall and ordered a brown and blue cashmere glenplaid. I was told that because this was a PL garment, it would be made in England and I could elect the single/peak w/out a ticket pocket. Guess how it arrived? -- with a ticket pocket!! Because the fabric is so beautiful, I took the suit, but made it clear that I wouldn't be back and to date I haven't darkened the door of another Ralph Lauren store. That was in February.

I still like their fabric selection. But, just can't bear the continual disappointment or inflexibility.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LARon

Finally, I went back last fall and ordered a brown and blue cashmere glenplaid. I was told that because this was a PL garment, it would be made in England and I could elect the single/peak w/out a ticket pocket. Guess how it arrived? -- with a ticket pocket!! Because the fabric is so beautiful, I took the suit, but made it clear that I wouldn't be back and to date I haven't darkened the door of another Ralph Lauren store. That was in February.

PL was still being made in England in Febuary?

LARon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's what I was originally told, but apparently not, as the suit came out of the same Corneliani factory that does their blue label. Yet another reason I cried "fraud" and left RL behind.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LARon
That's what I was originally told, but apparently not, as the suit came out of the same Corneliani factory that does their blue label. Yet another reason I cried "fraud" and left RL behind.
Wow, if they tried to sell me a Corneliani as Purple Label I'd be pissed.

paeday

Reaction score
I've had okay service from their atlanta store but i still had to get my tailor (my personal tailor) to get things right after they made three adjustments on the back. Also, the sleeves were too long when they put in the working button holes and after proper adjustments, they were not even in length from the end of the sleeve.

I am not too keen on the tailors they use for complicated alterations. I've heard very good stories from the Mansion in NY but at the other locations it's really a matter of how good the alterations people are at that particular loacation. I recently got a OTR Blue label suit that I got on sale for 400.00 altered by my tailor and the jacket fits better than my MTM blue label suit.

Does anyone know if they still do a MTM shoe program at all?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads