• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ralph Lauren Madras jackets

stevejobs

Reaction score
RL is currently selling a madras combo jacket and shorts. Since they are selling it, someone must be buying it, but I've never seen anyone ever wear something this bold outside of costume parties. Then again, maybe I'm just not running in the appropriate social circles.
frown.gif

pPOLO2-4440423_standard_dt.jpg

raiderbuck

Reaction score
Just because the model is wearing it, doesn't mean that regular people should...

I like the shorts, and I like the jacket...just no way in hell I'd wear them at the same time.

Mandrake9072

Reaction score
I totally dig the shorts, don't know if I'd ever be able to pull of the jacket though.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There was another thread on this very same outfit and picture recently. I ended up buying a patchwork jacket of my own, which I think will be fine to wear casually this summer. It's not a regular sportcoat though:

madras_bedford_1.jpg

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Why does this guy keep starting threads?

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
Why does this guy keep starting threads?
That's a good question, but I didn't want to be the one to call him out on it. It feels like he's trying to use us as content for an article topic or blog post that he's writing daily for.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm putting him on ignore. That will at least stem my rising levels of annoyance.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like this. I can sure see it with white jeans or blue denim and a T or polo.

Originally Posted by robin
There was another thread on this very same outfit and picture recently. I ended up buying a patchwork jacket of my own, which I think will be fine to wear casually this summer. It's not a regular sportcoat though:

madras_bedford_1.jpg

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stevejobs
Pot-Kettle-Black Mr. 5.4 posts per day.
Hey, I'm not the one making new threads on random topics, and everyone knows that 4.6 of those posts are in the Engineered Garments thread in the S&D forum.
tongue.gif

stevejobs

Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
Hey, I'm not the one making new threads on random topics, and everyone knows that 4.6 of those posts are in the Engineered Garments thread in the S&D forum.
tongue.gif

I think most of my posts, especially the recent ones are pretty good as they've gotten plenty of interesting replies. However, I will try to keep my posting light; today and yesterday I had a day off and posted more than usual.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stevejobs
RL is currently selling a madras combo jacket and shorts. Since they are selling it, someone must be buying it, but I've never seen anyone ever wear something this bold outside of costume parties.

So are you interested in wearing them or not?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics