Ralph Lauren made in China!?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Frankie, Aug 22, 2009.

1. Frankie

Frankie Well-Known Member

Hello.

I'm from Canada, in MontrÃ[​IMG]al and went browsing clothes downtown. I went to The Bay and was pleased to find out that they started selling the Ralph Lauren line again. But I noticed the "made in China" tag. I know this brand is very popular here and seems to be considered the best but how do you feel about the fact that it's made in China? I may as well shop at Old Navy...

What are you thoughts?

Thanks
    François

2. ppllzz

ppllzz Senior member

hey im chinese! chinese are very skilled imo

3. fuji

fuji Senior member

Haven't they always made the polos, most trousers, shirts and belts in china. Its far from the best.

4. stylesmurf

stylesmurf Senior member

Hello.

I'm from Canada, in MontrÃ[​IMG]al and went browsing clothes downtown. I went to The Bay and was pleased to find out that they started selling the Ralph Lauren line again. But I noticed the "made in China" tag. I know this brand is very popular here and seems to be considered the best but how do you feel about the fact that it's made in China? I may as well shop at Old Navy...

What are you thoughts?

Thanks
    François

I assume the Bay != ebay [​IMG]
    Alot of RL is made in China, even some RLBL... oh well.

There is some pretty good stuff coming out of China, and lots of pretty bad stuff too. Just because it's made in China, doesn't mean it's bad. Just like if something is made out of Italy, doesnt automatically mean it's good either. However, there may be other reasons to support something that's made in US or another first world country, that's a personal choice.

5. LuxeStyles

LuxeStyles Senior member

Haven't they always made the polos, most trousers, shirts and belts in china. Its far from the best.

my polos are made in the Philippines.

6. Frankie

Frankie Well-Known Member

I assume the Bay != ebay [​IMG]

The Hudson's Bay Company, the oldest commercial corporation in North America. They sell the good old wool point blankets...

7. lee_44106

lee_44106 Senior member

Hello.

What are you thoughts?

Thanks
    François

I'm with you here bud.

Made in China? WTF is that? What the hell do those people know about making fine clothing? Mao jackets maybe.

Stick with making noodles and dumplings I say [​IMG]

8. Night Owl

Night Owl Senior member

I'm with you here bud.

Made in China? WTF is that? What the hell do those people know about making fine clothing? Mao jackets maybe.

Stick with making noodles and dumplings I say [​IMG]

Fuck no I'm not eating some dumplings stuffed with cardboard by an old chinaman in his underwear sitting in a filthy hut

9. lee_44106

lee_44106 Senior member

Fuck no I'm not eating some dumplings stuffed with cardboard by an old chinaman in his underwear sitting in a filthy hut

HOMEMADE.

THEY taste best.

made with hands that wipes floor, wipes ass, and kill flies.

Delicious!

10. kuwisdelu

kuwisdelu Senior member

Eat the suit.

Wear the dumplings.

Problem solved.

11. intent

intent Senior member

Ralph Lauren in department stores suck. Get them at Winners/Marshalls/outlet if you must.

12. instep

instep Senior member

Gosh lee_44106 you are a sad person.

13. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

This should be renamed the official racist thread...

14. instep

instep Senior member

This should be renamed the official racist thread...
    While I would be cautious about applying the 'racist' tag, this thread is chock-a-block full of assumptions (Chinese made MUST = poor quality, all Chinese goods are the same low quality, etc), and ignorance.

15. emakris

emakris Senior member

Apologies for saying this but I feel I must; some of the comments in this thread are vomit inducing.

Onto the subject, Frankie, it is true that most designers of that ilk make some of their products or even entire lines in the Far East. My opinion regarding said products is that they are of poor quality and exasperatingly expensive. Personally, I prefer buying European whenever/wherever I can, for quality as well as political reasons.

In my experience (from personal purchases), whereas the Chinese are capable of producing top quality products (i.e. my MacBook Pro, iPhone, iPod, etc, are truly top notch), I can not say the same thing about the clothes of designers such as Ralph Lauren, Dior, etc.