• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ralph Lauren Loafers

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some folks here can tell you who made them by the heel nail pattern and the stitching but I'm not there yet. They appear to be from their lower quality line of shoes made in either Italty or the USA. That being said I have a pair of RL Loafers, different make than those, but they are going strong after 3 years of abuse.

I think for $150 bucks it's not a bad deal. Better could be had, but not bad.

I. Gentantithesis

Reaction score
An Alden subsidiary, not the main factory, in Maine. It used to be Ansewn, not that that will mean anything to you. Is the Amazon original price not overstated? Highland also makes for Paul Stuart and others in the USA $300 up moc category. www.highlandshoe.com Don't wait for an update of the web site. It's been that way for years, and they've moved down the road to Brewer. Even the "Jeffrey" WeeJuns Highland makes are priced over $300. It is the last of the Maine hand-sewn moc makers. No, no outlet. Private brands.

Such traditional American mocs are not welted. The upper leather wraps under the foot and the upper is machine stitched to the sole in the manner showing in the web site photo. The vamp is hand stitched using a saddler's double needle stitch, as is the hand stitching on the heel.

(That particular style is generically know as a Venetian loafer)

MrBon

Reaction score
i like about 80% of RL stuff, what that said, i don't like paying top dollar for something i can get for <100 dollars. If you look for black slip ons shoes, check your outlets for bargains, i once payed 99.00 for 375.00 Ed.All. suede shoes, so bargains are out there. But its tuff to get bargains when your shopping under the gun (you need them now), always keep your eye open when window browsing.

Black slip ons are everywhere, yes, i sometimes pay top dollar for something when i want the item at the moment, and which may be limited in availability, so i buy it. Then again if you don't mind paying <150> for simple shoes, then go for it.

I have three pair of black slip ons, two by CK (one suede) and one by K. Cole (not Sq Toe) and payed less than 75.00 each at the outlets. I walk about 5th ave, malls, outlets, and stores in general and look for bargains/sales, i just purchased a BOSS suit for 350.00 that retailed for 850.00, i seen it while window shopping at the outlets. Good Luck

nringo

Reaction score
I have a similar pair (but they're a traditional penny loafer) from RL that look to be made by the same company as those. They're great shoes and even better I found them at DSW for $99.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads