• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ralph Lauren lines, and 'who makes what' - a definitive guide

fwedo

Reaction score
Never seen any Douglas fit in Europe, or even in Asia.

It seems Saville and Drakes are no longer sold (at least in Europe). In Europe, we can now only find :
- Gregory : this is the new "structured" shoulders fit (but less structured than the Anthony fit - which is no longer in production i think - not sure).
- Kent has a very italian fit, shorter than Gregory, natural shoulder with very little padding, and a nice sleeve head. From far my fav.
- Hadley : very soft fit too, shorter than Kent.
- Ralph : Ralph fit...

I must admit RLPL fits are a mess and they change all the time.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I remember Hadley being not real CM tailoring kind short, might as well be luxury Boglioli

never seen Ralph actually

edit: pre RLBL/RLPL merging RLPL line was pretty stable guess it has a lot shake up lately

Last edited:

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Think Anthony in the US, at least I remember seeing tuxedo in it. I have not seen Douglas at the Mansion but have seen it at Bergdorf Goodman, Saks, Moda Operandi etc

The Sandman

Reaction score
Picked up an unworn pair of Polo Ralph Lauren Chukka boots. Stamped "Made in USA of imported material". Any thoughts on the age and who made them?

PRL1.jpg
PRL2.jpg
PRL3.jpg
PRL4.jpg
PRL5.jpg

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know RL had some offerings made by Rancourt. But I also know Rancourt uses Blake construction so I don’t know enough about the technical aspects to say whether a 360 welt is consistent with this.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was under the impression Rancourt does loafer/boat shoes/moc, I guess they have expanded to oxford/derby/boots as well?

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you go on their website you’ll see the range of shoes and boots they offer. It’s pretty impressive.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics