• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ralph Lauren lines, and 'who makes what' - a definitive guide

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You sure? Isn’t b width the d width equivalent for men, just styles like men’s shoe, which was pretty popular for a while

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!
Can someone please confirm these being (or not being) made by Edward Green? Found them on a Swedish second hand site and want to know what the experts here think before biding on them.

Thankful for all input I can get.
Skärmavbild 2020-07-08 kl. 16.37.32.png
Skärmavbild 2020-07-08 kl. 16.37.48.png
Skärmavbild 2020-07-08 kl. 16.38.01.png

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ralph Lauren “collection” with the purple label and that script was, is and will likely continue to be the women’s equivalent of the men’s Purple Label.

Both examples above are either:
A) women’s shoes albeit a woman with large feet.
B) an intricate attempt at fraud by a very incompetent fraudster.

B seems somewhat extreme and exotic. A is the more likely answer.

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you very much for the answers!

jaywhyy

Reaction score
Finally handled RL’s new Gregory suit (their reworked Anthony).

It’s a bit more balanced than Anthony, with less shoulder padding. But it’s still structured.

That said, the RLPL tiers are still confusing. Some suits say Hand Tailored in Italy, while others say Hand Made in Italy. I can’t tell if one is better than the other. Anybody have insight on this?

Substantially price difference between suits; did they go back to using Santandrea?

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I thought it's still Caruso for the ~$2k one, no idea who made the $4~$5k ones, St Andrew?

jaywhyy

Reaction score
I thought it's still Caruso for the ~$2k one, no idea who made the $4~$5k ones, St Andrew?
They even have suits listed in the mid 3s (Kent model I think?), which is even more confusing.

fwedo

Reaction score

Yes Caruso for 2/3K and St Andrew for 4/5K (confirmed by SA in July).

Look at the loop label on the neck :

- Purple "made in italy" : Caruso and regular label "Ralph Lauren, made in Italy" on the inside chest.
Usualy Machine made buttonhole...but not always...not Sure about this last point.

Capture d’écran 2020-09-03 à 15.10.11.png
Capture d’écran 2020-09-03 à 15.11.07.png

- loop label without typo : St andrews and big label "Ralph Lauren, handmade/hand tailored in Italy" on the inside chest. Handmade buttonholes.

Capture d’écran 2020-09-03 à 15.10.57.png
Capture d’écran 2020-09-03 à 15.10.43.png

Kent is often made by St Andrews (but not always...not sure about that),

Gregory can be made by both (sure about that),

Ralph is made by St Andrews

Hadley is made by Caruso.

All of this depends also on the year...Old (2016) Kent have small chest label "Ralph Lauren, made in Italy"and handmade buttonholes...and its a st Andrew for Sure...Super confusing

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well I would assume price is reflective, ie if you got a 2k msrp St Andrew it was probably made to whatever standard RL ask Caruso to do...

though anyone has a good list of what’s “current” RLPL model, think

I still see Anthony here and there.

Gregory seem to be the main line (hasn’t worn tried it in years think less shoulder padding but still skinny lapel).

Douglas seem to be retailer only?

Is Kent always un-constructed?

are Savile Row (old RLPL custom fit) and whatever the old drop 6 RLPL still around?

think I’m still missing a few...

Quarks

Reaction score
I am confused with the new RLPL lines.
For some reason, I needed to size up for Douglas suits and doesn't fit as well.
Shoulders are definitely less strong compared to Anthony, kind of in between Anthony and Drake.
The sizings are all weird now.
Not reaching out to RLPLs suits anymore.
Their Drake lines were great imo. Understated yet elegant.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I thought you could call Douglas updated Drakes. I saw some people upsize on Drakes, personally I took US 36 in all of them (RLBL included). I like Douglas a lot actually

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought you could call Douglas updated Drakes. I saw some people upsize on Drakes, personally I took US 36 in all of them (RLBL included). I like Douglas a lot actually

I upsized in Douglas as well, but didn’t like the fit. Too much padding for my taste.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads