1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ralph Lauren lines, and 'who makes what' - a definitive guide

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by apropos, Dec 27, 2008.

1. JibranK

JibranK Senior member

This particular item was at a price point above RLBL so keeping it definitely was definitely not worth it to me.

2. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

I see, how's the actual quality?

3. Dmanf51

Dmanf51 Active Member

Corneliani has a factory in Slovakia so only some of the blue label suits were made there, simply cheaper labor but I didn't notice any major lack in quality. They've since made some new blue label in Italy. The blue label suits still do not compare to the old black now purple label however but I haven't noticed a decrease in blue label quality at least not over the last few years.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
  4. alexSF

alexSF Senior member

PRL Made in Slovakia are made by Corneliani.
    PRL Made in Italy are no longer made by Corneliani, but by other (unknow) factories, probably more than one.

(Time ago I've spotted on IG a picture of a neapolitan factory working on jackets with PRL label)

5. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

How about compare to just the old PRL (3~5yrs ago now?). The made in Italy PRL used to be Corneliani, and half canvassed (so always below BL,PL).

6. alexSF

alexSF Senior member

I own many PRL Corneliani and recently handled the new offering in the POLO Flagship in Rome,

The quality of costruction and fabrics is comparable, the real difference is in cuts and styling, now they are slimmer/shorter/unlined/center vented most of the times.

IMO currect collections lost the "classic/timeless" appeal of the glorious years, albeit there are exceptions.

1 person likes this.
  7. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

How are the new cuts? I tried Morgan which I like, think Polo sounds appealing as well, though they have a strong shoulder version which I found to be the least favorite